Community Central
Community Central
mNo edit summary
No edit summary

(4 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 2: Line 2:

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~
If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->
+
If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->'''solved'''

I am getting notified from various parts of Wiki when I do not follow pages. I only read one page that had a conversation and now I am getting alerted every time someone post. -- [[User:Bunai82|Bunai82]] <sup>[[User_talk:Bunai82|(talk)]]</sup> 20:10, April 19, 2012 (UTC)

I am getting notified from various parts of Wiki when I do not follow pages. I only read one page that had a conversation and now I am getting alerted every time someone post. -- [[User:Bunai82|Bunai82]] <sup>[[User_talk:Bunai82|(talk)]]</sup> 20:10, April 19, 2012 (UTC)
  +
:Are you getting alerted to non-Message Wall posts? --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 19 Apr 2012 2:01 PM Pacific
  +
::No, the messages are active, I just didn't participate in the conversation. -- [[User:Bunai82|Bunai82]] <sup>[[User_talk:Bunai82|(talk)]]</sup> 22:30, April 19, 2012 (UTC)
  +
:::I'd double check to make sure you weren't following them by accident, other than that might be a bug. {{User:Cåm/Signature}} 23:29, April 20, 2012 (UTC)
  +
::::Message Wall is new, so it's likely a Message Wall bug. From what I understand, if you've ever participated in any Message Wall thread, you will get notified when anyone contributes to it. This is why I think very carefully before post to a Message Wall for any reason. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 20 Apr 2012 4:25 PM Pacific
  +
  +
:::::Ah, apparently it auto followed the page. Hope it doesn't happen often. -- [[User:Bunai82|Bunai82]] <sup>[[User_talk:Bunai82|(talk)]]</sup> 00:11, April 28, 2012 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 00:11, 28 April 2012

Forums: Index General Discussion How can I stop getting notifications for things I never wanted to be notified about?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4374 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

solved

I am getting notified from various parts of Wiki when I do not follow pages. I only read one page that had a conversation and now I am getting alerted every time someone post. -- Bunai82 (talk) 20:10, April 19, 2012 (UTC)

Are you getting alerted to non-Message Wall posts? -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 19 Apr 2012 2:01 PM Pacific
No, the messages are active, I just didn't participate in the conversation. -- Bunai82 (talk) 22:30, April 19, 2012 (UTC)
I'd double check to make sure you weren't following them by accident, other than that might be a bug. User:Cåm/Signature 23:29, April 20, 2012 (UTC)
Message Wall is new, so it's likely a Message Wall bug. From what I understand, if you've ever participated in any Message Wall thread, you will get notified when anyone contributes to it. This is why I think very carefully before post to a Message Wall for any reason. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 20 Apr 2012 4:25 PM Pacific
Ah, apparently it auto followed the page. Hope it doesn't happen often. -- Bunai82 (talk) 00:11, April 28, 2012 (UTC)