Fandom

Community Central

How can I stop getting notifications for things I never wanted to be notified about?

Forum page

19,012pages on
this wiki
Add New Page

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index General Discussion How can I stop getting notifications for things I never wanted to be notified about?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 1678 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

solved

I am getting notified from various parts of Wiki when I do not follow pages. I only read one page that had a conversation and now I am getting alerted every time someone post. -- Bunai82 (talk) 20:10, April 19, 2012 (UTC)

Are you getting alerted to non-Message Wall posts? -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 19 Apr 2012 2:01 PM Pacific
No, the messages are active, I just didn't participate in the conversation. -- Bunai82 (talk) 22:30, April 19, 2012 (UTC)
I'd double check to make sure you weren't following them by accident, other than that might be a bug. Cqm  23:29, April 20, 2012 (UTC)
Message Wall is new, so it's likely a Message Wall bug. From what I understand, if you've ever participated in any Message Wall thread, you will get notified when anyone contributes to it. This is why I think very carefully before post to a Message Wall for any reason. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 20 Apr 2012 4:25 PM Pacific
Ah, apparently it auto followed the page. Hope it doesn't happen often. -- Bunai82 (talk) 00:11, April 28, 2012 (UTC)

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki