Community Central
Community Central
(MediaWiki messages.)
No edit summary
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{Forumheader|Community Central Forum}}
+
{{Forumheader|Community Central Forum}}{{FAQ}}

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

How do I change the message that pops up when someone leaves a message on someone's talk page? Instead of saying you have a new message, I'd like ours to say something to the extent of "You have an Owl". Our Wiki is http://hogwartsrpg.wikia.com/wiki/Hogwarts_Roleplay_Wiki
+
How do I change the message that pops up when someone leaves a message on someone's talk page? Instead of saying you have a new message, I'd like ours to say something to the extent of "You have an Owl". Our Wiki is http://hogwartsrpg.wikia.com/wiki/Hogwarts_Roleplay_Wiki

--[[User:BachLynn23|<font face="Vivaldi" size="4" color="Purple" >BachLynn</font>]][[File:Gryffindorcrest.jpg|33px]]<sup>([[User talk:BachLynn23|<font face="Monotype Corsiva" size="2" color="Purple">Accio!</font>]])</sup> 19:37, March 7, 2011 (UTC)

--[[User:BachLynn23|<font face="Vivaldi" size="4" color="Purple" >BachLynn</font>]][[File:Gryffindorcrest.jpg|33px]]<sup>([[User talk:BachLynn23|<font face="Monotype Corsiva" size="2" color="Purple">Accio!</font>]])</sup> 19:37, March 7, 2011 (UTC)

:[[MediaWiki:Youhavenewmessages]] can change the "You have" part (Don't remove the $1 and $2 part). [[MediaWiki:Newmessageslink]] can change the the "new messages" part. -- [[User:Deltaneos|Deltaneos]] ([[User talk:Deltaneos|talk]]) 00:06, March 8, 2011 (UTC)

:[[MediaWiki:Youhavenewmessages]] can change the "You have" part (Don't remove the $1 and $2 part). [[MediaWiki:Newmessageslink]] can change the the "new messages" part. -- [[User:Deltaneos|Deltaneos]] ([[User talk:Deltaneos|talk]]) 00:06, March 8, 2011 (UTC)
  +
  +
::Tagging {{t|FAQ}}. Make sure to see [[Forum:New Messages Problem]] also. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 9 Mar 2011 7:58 AM Pacific

Revision as of 15:58, 9 March 2011

Forums: Index Community Central Forum How do I change the "new mail message"?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4790 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

How do I change the message that pops up when someone leaves a message on someone's talk page? Instead of saying you have a new message, I'd like ours to say something to the extent of "You have an Owl". Our Wiki is http://hogwartsrpg.wikia.com/wiki/Hogwarts_Roleplay_Wiki --BachLynnFile:Gryffindorcrest.jpg(Accio!) 19:37, March 7, 2011 (UTC)

MediaWiki:Youhavenewmessages can change the "You have" part (Don't remove the $1 and $2 part). MediaWiki:Newmessageslink can change the the "new messages" part. -- Deltaneos (talk) 00:06, March 8, 2011 (UTC)
Tagging {{FAQ}}. Make sure to see Forum:New Messages Problem also. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 9 Mar 2011 7:58 AM Pacific