Community Central
Community Central
(I hate the image pop-outs, and would like to disable them.)

mNo edit summary

(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)
Line 8: Line 8:

Because I view this "Image Pop-out" feature more of an inconvenience than a benefit, I was wondering if there was a script that could be added to my username/monaco.js or .css that would disable the feature while I'm browsing Wookieepedia. I would like to go to our informative file-pages directly, the way Wikia browsing ''used'' to work before this feature was implemented. There are a several like-minded users in the Wookieepedia community. I could probably bring the matter to a consensus vote and attempt to disable the feature site-wide but I'd rather disable the feature on a personal level and pass the script around. [[User:SinisterSamurai|SinisterSamurai]] 05:09, October 2, 2010 (UTC)

Because I view this "Image Pop-out" feature more of an inconvenience than a benefit, I was wondering if there was a script that could be added to my username/monaco.js or .css that would disable the feature while I'm browsing Wookieepedia. I would like to go to our informative file-pages directly, the way Wikia browsing ''used'' to work before this feature was implemented. There are a several like-minded users in the Wookieepedia community. I could probably bring the matter to a consensus vote and attempt to disable the feature site-wide but I'd rather disable the feature on a personal level and pass the script around. [[User:SinisterSamurai|SinisterSamurai]] 05:09, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
  +
  +
*You may consider this matter closed. I was assisted by a local Code Wookiee. [[User:SinisterSamurai|SinisterSamurai]] 08:34, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
  +
  +
::For all that want to know the code. It goes in your [[Special:MyPage/monaco.js]] or [[Special:MyPage/global.js]]. <pre>window.wgEnableImageLightboxExt = false;</pre> —[[User:Manyman|Manyman]] <sup>[[User talk:Manyman|(talk)]]</sup> 09:43, October 3, 2010 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 09:43, 3 October 2010

Forums: Index Community Central Forum How do I disable Image pop-outs?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4945 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm not sure of the feature's official name, but I am referring to js pop-up that displays a larger version of an image when you click it's thumb in an article, rather than forwarding you to that file's page.

I mainly frequent Wookieepedia, and our File: pages are contain a lot of detailed information that isn't relayed in the pop-outs. I primarily use a small touch pad and a keyboard for navigation, rather than a mouse. I'd like to be able to access our File: pages with a single click to a large target. Currently, I have to fiddle with the touch pad to hit the much smaller File:page link on framed thumbnails, and on non-framed thumbs (like the majority of Wookieepedia's infobox images,) I have to first click the image, and then fiddle with the touchpad to hit the small linkbox.

Because I view this "Image Pop-out" feature more of an inconvenience than a benefit, I was wondering if there was a script that could be added to my username/monaco.js or .css that would disable the feature while I'm browsing Wookieepedia. I would like to go to our informative file-pages directly, the way Wikia browsing used to work before this feature was implemented. There are a several like-minded users in the Wookieepedia community. I could probably bring the matter to a consensus vote and attempt to disable the feature site-wide but I'd rather disable the feature on a personal level and pass the script around. SinisterSamurai 05:09, October 2, 2010 (UTC)

• You may consider this matter closed. I was assisted by a local Code Wookiee. SinisterSamurai 08:34, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
For all that want to know the code. It goes in your Special:MyPage/monaco.js or Special:MyPage/global.js.
window.wgEnableImageLightboxExt = false;
Manyman (talk) 09:43, October 3, 2010 (UTC)