Fandom

Community Central

How to change the background image of specific articles?

Forum page

19,023pages on
this wiki
Add New Page

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests How to change the background image of specific articles?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 1679 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi. Is there a way to change the background image of specific articles? For example, If I wanted to change the background image of an article named Person, how would I do that? Thanks! --LSCStealthNinja 21:57, May 1, 2012 (UTC)

I think that's not possible without breaking the entire wiki. Probably in the CSS. RaTcHeT302 talk contribs 22:00, May 1, 2012 (UTC)

You can do that by adding some code to the MediaWiki:Wikia.css or MediaWiki:Common.css on the site where you want it to work:
.page-Person{background-image:url("full-url-location-of-the-image");
In the code above, Person is the title of the page that you want to affect. If you wanted to affect a page with a title that contains spaces or special characters (such as title of this forum page), you would replace all special characters with underscores, like this: page-Forum_How_to_change_the_background_image_of_specific_articles
In your code, you would replace full-url-location-of-the-image with the actual url of your image. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 03:58, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you! :)

--LSCStealthNinja 12:56, May 2, 2012 (UTC)

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki