Community Central
Community Central
(Created page with "{{Forumheader|Support Requests}}So I am in the process of creating a Wiki and want it to remain unseeable until it is really ready to be seen, so is there some way I can ensur...")

No edit summary
Line 1: Line 1:
  +
{{Forumheader|Support Requests}}
{{Forumheader|Support Requests}}So I am in the process of creating a Wiki and want it to remain unseeable until it is really ready to be seen, so is there some way I can ensure that no random person come rampaging through by chance? Is any way to for instance simply lock the Wiki entirely from outside people until it's ready?

+

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

So I am in the process of creating a Wiki and want it to remain unseeable until it is really ready to be seen, so is there some way I can ensure that no random person come rampaging through by chance? Is any way to for instance simply lock the Wiki entirely from outside people until it's ready?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!
Line 5: Line 9:

[[User:VioletVirago|VioletVirago]] ([[User talk:VioletVirago|talk]]) 03:53, August 9, 2012 (UTC)

[[User:VioletVirago|VioletVirago]] ([[User talk:VioletVirago|talk]]) 03:53, August 9, 2012 (UTC)

+
:Wikia does not support private wikis - you can't prevent others from viewing your wiki. However, if you don't mention it to anyone, no one is likely to find it until you want it to be seen anyway. {{User:Monchoman45/SigReal|03:56,8/9/2012}}
<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

Revision as of 03:56, 9 August 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests How to keep a Wiki private?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4271 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

So I am in the process of creating a Wiki and want it to remain unseeable until it is really ready to be seen, so is there some way I can ensure that no random person come rampaging through by chance? Is any way to for instance simply lock the Wiki entirely from outside people until it's ready?

Thanks in advance!

VioletVirago (talk) 03:53, August 9, 2012 (UTC)

Wikia does not support private wikis - you can't prevent others from viewing your wiki. However, if you don't mention it to anyone, no one is likely to find it until you want it to be seen anyway.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  03:56,8/9/2012