Community Central
Community Central
(...)
No edit summary

(8 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:

Example:

Example:
*[http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WikiActivity Wiki activity], You can see huge spaces on the "Community Messages" message.

*[http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Overwatch_Standard_Issue_Pulse_Rifle this article], You can see the spaces in the title.

*[http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Overwatch_Standard_Issue_Pulse_Rifle this article], You can see the spaces in the title.
*[http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Template:User_administrator Userbox], You can see the spaces in the userbox.

How can I fix that? {{SUBST:User:Unnamed Airbender/Signature}} 21:16, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
+
Update: It was a bug in firefox, I'm using chrome now and it's fine. Though the articles still have big spaces (example above). {{unsigned|Unnamed Airbender|21:48, August 6, 2012}}
:This CSS should fix it (put it in [[w:c:Half-life:MediaWiki:Wikia.css]]):<source lang ="css">.notifications .WikiaMainContent {margin-bottom: 0;}</source>

:-- '''[[User:Randomtime|<span style="color:black;">Random</span>]][[User talk:Randomtime|<span style="color:#EE2C2C;">Time</span>]]''' 21:24, August 5, 2012 (UTC)

::Doesn't work. {{SUBST:User:Unnamed Airbender/Signature}} 21:31, August 5, 2012 (UTC)

----

I just poked at your site on those pages with Web Inspector.

:1. The community messages heading is like that because Wikia's CSS inserts a <code>padding-top:16px</code>. You'll want to disable that.

<source lang="css">#WikiaRail .module.CommunityCornerModule h2:first-child {

padding-top:0;

}</source>

You are sort of vague on which white-space you don't like, did you mean the you want the text to get closer to the edges? Make the list not indent as far? You can do that as well.

:2. The large spaces between the words in the headings on articles are because someone has added <code>text-align:justify</code> to the <code>body</code> tag of the site. You should remove that. If you want to 'justify' the text in articles, you should apply that style to <code>.WikiaArticle</code>, not <code>body</code>.

:3. I'm not clear on what the problem is with that page. Can you clarify?

[[User:Lunarity|Lunarity]] 07:29, August 6, 2012 (UTC)

+
:That's caused by the
::The spaces are too big, how can I clarify this better?

+
<pre style="margin-left:24px">
Any of your codes do not exist on the wiki. {{SUBST:User:Unnamed Airbender/Signature}} 08:52, August 6, 2012 (UTC)

+
body {

+
text-align: justify
:::UA, I think you'll need to be more clear on whether these spaces are spaces that normally appear on Wikia by default that you just don't like and would like to customise, or whether these spaces are spaces that you don't normally see and shouldn't see. That would help us approach this problem. :) [[User:The 888th Avatar|<span style="color:#4169E1;" title="wjxhuang">'''The&nbsp;888th&nbsp;Avatar'''</span>]]&nbsp;[[User talk:The 888th Avatar|<span style="font-size:12px; color:#888;" title="Contact me">(talk)</span>]] 13:02, August 6, 2012 (UTC)

+
}
::888, I want it to look normal, like on Avatar wiki. I have never seen those kind of spaces of any wiki. This is the only wiki I see them and would like to remove them and replace with normal-small spaces. {{SUBST:User:Unnamed Airbender/Signature}} 14:44, August 6, 2012 (UTC)

+
</pre>
:::Er, what? Look here: [[w:c:halflife:MediaWiki:Wikia.css]]. I can see <code>body { text-align: justify; }</code>. Delete that section, publish it, press Ctrl+R on your keyboard to refresh the cache and try opening your second link again, the gaps in the titles should go away. Actually, I get the feeling you are complaining about the wide spaces between words in all three cases despite not actually saying that. '''Remove ''text-align:justify'', do a find text and remove it''' [[User:Lunarity|Lunarity]] 15:39, August 6, 2012 (UTC)

+
:style that you have in your [http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Wikia.css MediaWiki:Wikia.css]. <span style="font-size:125%; font-weight:bold; font-family:Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-shadow:0 0 0.05em #646464">— [[User:Sovq|Sovq]]</span> 06:43, August 7, 2012 (UTC)
  +
::Heh. I already told him that twice, he insisted I was wrong. I think he doesn't know how to refresh his browser cache. [[User:Lunarity|Lunarity]] 07:34, August 7, 2012 (UTC)

:::Worked! {{SUBST:User:Unnamed Airbender/Signature}} 10:04, August 7, 2012 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 10:04, 7 August 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests How to remove the big spaces on articles?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4268 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm an admin on Half-Life wiki, after a few days on being on the wiki, I noticed that many pages have huge spaces.

Example:

Update: It was a bug in firefox, I'm using chrome now and it's fine. Though the articles still have big spaces (example above). —This unsigned comment is by Unnamed Airbender (wallcontribs) 21:48, August 6, 2012. Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

That's caused by the
body {
text-align: justify 
}
style that you have in your MediaWiki:Wikia.css. Sovq 06:43, August 7, 2012 (UTC)
Heh. I already told him that twice, he insisted I was wrong. I think he doesn't know how to refresh his browser cache. Lunarity 07:34, August 7, 2012 (UTC)
Worked! {{SUBST:User:Unnamed Airbender/Signature}} 10:04, August 7, 2012 (UTC)