Community Central

I need admin help to fix a double redirect

86,648pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests I need admin help to fix a double redirect
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 634 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Terms of Use is currently a double redirect, it points to Community Central:Terms of use, which points to w:c:www:Terms_of_Use. Since ToU is locked I can't fix it so someone who can edit locked articles I hope you can. This link is used in some edit summaries.

Also while we're on the topic, I would like it if the ToU could be updated and clarified a bit more, like perhaps in regard to what content is allowed. What type of topics are allowed/forbidden to write about? What kind of images are prohibited?

I notice sometimes there are bots that take down pictures via "Image Review" and in summaries they say ToU violations, yet the word 'image' doesn't even show up on the page, nor is there clarification which part was broken.

I am wondering if perhaps it could be structured so that rules/policies have numbers (1.1, 1.2, etc) so that the number could be cited in summaries to give contributors a better understanding of why their upload was deleted.

I think this would not only foster community understanding (people not being educated tends to drive them away in frustration) but also help lessen the amount of work that needs to be done as if people understand what not to do, they won't add bad content to begin with. +Yc 18:58, July 23, 2012 (UTC)

Fixed the double redirect.    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  19:13, 23/07/2012
Advertisement | Your ad here

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki