Community Central

Image Troubles on Chemistry Wikia

93,745pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Image Troubles on Chemistry Wikia
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 899 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

On the article Nitrous Oxide, the images are popping up way larger than they should be. I'm bringing them down to resolutions like 40px and 50px, but that doesn't appear to be helpful. Can someone tell me how tho fix this? --Thenewguy34 19:39, April 26, 2012 (UTC)

Edit that page and you'll see a list of templates included on that article. There are a lot of them red-linked, that means they do not exists, and are causing those problems. Well, at least using the Monobook skin. I don't know if editing on the oasis skin or using Wikia's RTE has such features as the editor never loads for me. --Category:Ciencia Al Poder (talk) -WikiDex 20:07, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
That is a very complicated wikipdia template with many sub template modules (a lot of which are show up as missing under the Oasis skin for me). Id suggest cutting then out or commenting out to reduce clutter then look at it as some style / class bits are showing in the basic infobox (table) i.e <p><p style="word-wrap: break-word;"> part way down it. It could also be down to a minor diff between Wikias and Wikipedias version of mediaWiki efeecting the logic of the image selection bit, or as simple as an extra space having crept in somewere in the code. I had issues when i first started on wikia with some copied templates were i had introdued spaces by accident & it messed them up. I had to go through 1000s of sub templates of template convert & check each one back aginst the original & modify some of the changes i had made on importing them. It may also be missing some of the styling info as your version is missing the cell borders looking at the wikipedia version. sorry i canot pinpoint the exact bit of problem code for you. -   BulldozerD11   talk    contribs    email   23:27, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
Update - It was the missing template:PX causing the image sizing to break. see test box - Test of Chembox. Note: template:chembox still has other faults & missing parts. -   BulldozerD11   talk    contribs    email   23:53, April 26, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki