Community Central
Register
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary

Line 75: Line 75:

:Sorry to be a bother, but I have one last question (hopefully). How can I make it so the parameter Variation from appearing everytime I put Power on the Infobox? [[User:Abce2|<font face="Fantasy" color="#3366FF">Abce2</font>]]|<small>[[User Talk:Abce2|<font face="Verdana" color="#0099AA">''Que ''</font>]][[User blog:Abce2|<font face="Papyrus" color="#FFAA11">"Sera Sera"</font>]]</small> 03:31, June 2, 2012 (UTC)

:Sorry to be a bother, but I have one last question (hopefully). How can I make it so the parameter Variation from appearing everytime I put Power on the Infobox? [[User:Abce2|<font face="Fantasy" color="#3366FF">Abce2</font>]]|<small>[[User Talk:Abce2|<font face="Verdana" color="#0099AA">''Que ''</font>]][[User blog:Abce2|<font face="Papyrus" color="#FFAA11">"Sera Sera"</font>]]</small> 03:31, June 2, 2012 (UTC)

:::::::: It's because of the way you wrote your template (per my question about it before)
+
: It's because of the way you wrote your template (per my question about it before)

<pre>

<pre>

{{#if:{{{power|}}}|<nowiki/>

Line 83: Line 83:

}}

}}

</pre>

</pre>
:::::::: See that? It says if power is specified, you should print variations.
+
: See that? It says if power is specified, you should print variations.
:::::::: (IF "power" then PRINT "Variations vara" )
+
: (IF "power" then PRINT "Variations vara" )
:::::::: Now, is variations supposed to appear only when you have power, or is it independent of power?
+
: Now, is variations supposed to appear only when you have power, or is it independent of power?

<pre>

<pre>
Line 95: Line 95:

</pre>

</pre>

:::::::: Will print variations only when vara is set, independent of whether power is set or not.
+
: Will print variations only when vara is set, independent of whether power is set or not.

<pre>

<pre>
Line 105: Line 105:

</pre>

</pre>

:::::::: Will print variations only if power and vara are set.
+
: Will print variations only if power and vara are set.

:::::::: As I said before, your coding doesn't make sense.
+
: As I said before, your coding doesn't make sense.
:::::::: [[Special:Contributions/70.24.251.208|70.24.251.208]] 06:05, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
+
: [[Special:Contributions/70.24.251.208|70.24.251.208]] 06:05, June 2, 2012 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 06:07, 2 June 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests Infobox difficulties Pt.2c
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4317 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I've been working around, but I can't seem to get it to work. (from Preview/tests, at least). I've been trying so I can add text after the Pagename template on http://monsuno.wikia.com/wiki/Template%3AInfobox_Monsuno . Is there a possible way to do it?

Cheers, Abce2|Que "Sera Sera" 00:02, May 31, 2012 (UTC)

Your code doesn't make sense.
{{#if:{{{age|}}}|<nowiki/>
{{!}}-
! Special Move
{{!}} {{{move|}}}
}}
Why do you check for age and then print move?
And then you print move again:
{{!}}-
! Special Move
{{!}} {{{move}}}
{{!}}-
! Variations
{{!}} {{{vara}}}
}}{{#if:{{{power|}}}|<nowiki/>
{{!}}-
! Power
{{!}} {{{power}}}
}}
But you already checked for power, so if vara depends on power, why not have these two adjacent sections under one if statement?
Is this if statement
{{#if:{{{age|}}}{{{gender|}}}{{{born|}}}{{{controller|}}}{{{attribute|}}}{{{guardian|}}}
supposed to end at
{{!}}-
! Special Move
{{!}} {{{move}}}
}}
?
{{#if:{{{gender|}}}|<nowiki/>
}}
{{#if:{{{voiced by|}}}|<nowiki/>
{{!}}-
}}
Are those supposed to do nothing?
70.24.251.208 07:08, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
I'm not sure if I got your point, but if you want to add suffix to {{PAGENAME}}, you need to edit this part: {{ #if: {{{name|}}} | {{{name}}} | {{PAGENAME}} }} {{ #if: {{{name|}}} | {{{name}}} | {{PAGENAME}} {{{suffix|}}} }}
The name of parameter suffix can be changed into anything you want.  Cafeinlove msg 20:10, 2012-05-31 (UTC+9)
@IP I used a character Infobox from another Wikia, so when I finally got it to work (not the best with coding), I figured, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
@Cafe Here, I'll try that. Abce2|Que "Sera Sera" 22:38, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks, it worked. I also had another question. Is there a reason these Navboxes are different lengths? http://monsuno.wikia.com/wiki/Snapclaw Abce2|Que "Sera Sera" 23:28, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
The initial width of this element is 'auto', so it only can occupy horizontal space within its content, unless you specify its width. (As more letters the title has, as more it will expand.) If you want specify the header's width, change this part of your Template:Navbox :
class="navbox-title"
class="navbox-title" style="width:100%"
This is an example to make the header occupy whole width. Instead of width:100% you can also put something like min-width:50% etc.  Cafeinlove msg 13:12, 2012-06-01 (UTC+9)
Unless I placed it on the wrong "navbox-title", they still seem to be different sizes. Abce2|Que "Sera Sera" 18:03, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
Oh my, never mind about navbox-title. width:100% should have been applied here: class="navbox" cellspacing="0" style="width:100%;{{{bodystyle|}}};{{{style|}}}"  Cafeinlove msg 03:19, 2012-06-02 (UTC+9)
Alright, thanks, it works. Abce2|Que "Sera Sera" 18:41, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry to be a bother, but I have one last question (hopefully). How can I make it so the parameter Variation from appearing everytime I put Power on the Infobox? Abce2|Que "Sera Sera" 03:31, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
It's because of the way you wrote your template (per my question about it before)
{{!}}-
! Variations
{{!}} {{{vara}}}
}}
See that? It says if power is specified, you should print variations.
(IF "power" then PRINT "Variations vara" )
Now, is variations supposed to appear only when you have power, or is it independent of power?
{{#if:{{{vara|}}}|<nowiki/>
{{!}}-
! Variations
{{!}} {{{vara}}}
}}
Will print variations only when vara is set, independent of whether power is set or not.
{{#if:{{{power|}}}|{{#if:{{{vara|}}}|<nowiki/>
{{!}}-
! Variations
{{!}} {{{vara}}}
}}}}
Will print variations only if power and vara are set.
As I said before, your coding doesn't make sense.
70.24.251.208 06:05, June 2, 2012 (UTC)