Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
mNo edit summary

Line 12: Line 12:

Thanks so much! For some reason, pages that use this template like [http://bloons.wikia.com/wiki/Zeppelin_Of_Mighty_Gargantuaness_(Z.O.M.G.) this] have a white caption and a "<nowiki>[[250px]]</nowiki>" sticking out. I can't find this excess stuff in the coding...please excuse my coding skills. -- [[User:Anomalous13|Anomalous13]] 12:19, June 13, 2012 (UTC)

Thanks so much! For some reason, pages that use this template like [http://bloons.wikia.com/wiki/Zeppelin_Of_Mighty_Gargantuaness_(Z.O.M.G.) this] have a white caption and a "<nowiki>[[250px]]</nowiki>" sticking out. I can't find this excess stuff in the coding...please excuse my coding skills. -- [[User:Anomalous13|Anomalous13]] 12:19, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
:The extra <code><nowiki>[[</nowiki></code> and <code><nowiki>|250px]]</nowiki></code> on that page are caused by someone using the wrong format for the value of the image parameter. Don't use the format that you would when placing an image in an article (i.e. <code><nowiki>[[File:Imagename.jpg|250px]]</nowiki></code>), instead just use the full name of the image's file page (i.e. <code>File:Imagename.jpg</code>).
  +
:I changed the color of the image caption to #111111 in [http://bloons.wikia.com/index.php?title=Template%3AInfobox_Bloon&action=historysubmit&diff=44591&oldid=44436 this edit], so it should match the rest of the infobox text now. --'''[[User:Gardimuer|Gardimuer]]'''&nbsp;<sup>[[User talk:Gardimuer|{&nbsp;ʈalk&nbsp;}]]</sup> 20:08, June 13, 2012 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 20:08, 13 June 2012

Forums: Index General Discussion Infobox spacing issue
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4327 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

On this template page I'm using, there is a spacing issue that I am having trouble fixing. There is also a "|}" on the page (seperate from the infobox), that I'm not sure where it is located in the coding. Also, the text is white, for the input text. How do you fix this?

These three issues are bothering me and I have no idea what's wrong with the coding. I am a terrible person when it comes to making templates. >.> thanks! -- Anomalous13 00:46, June 13, 2012 (UTC)

The infobox contained two extra cells in one row, which is what caused the "spacing issue." There was also an extra |}<noinclude> at the bottom of the table, which I removed. Some of the row headings were center aligned using <center> tags. This is bad html, since the <center> tag is deprecated. I changed the code so that the cells are styled to be center aligned without the need of extra tags. You can see all of these changes here.
As for the text color, you'll see that in this edit I changed the text color to a dark gray (hexadecimal color #111111). If you want it to be a different color, replace every instance of #111111 in the template with a different hexadecimal code. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 02:56, June 13, 2012 (UTC)

Thanks so much! For some reason, pages that use this template like this have a white caption and a "[[250px]]" sticking out. I can't find this excess stuff in the coding...please excuse my coding skills. -- Anomalous13 12:19, June 13, 2012 (UTC)

The extra [[ and |250px]] on that page are caused by someone using the wrong format for the value of the image parameter. Don't use the format that you would when placing an image in an article (i.e. [[File:Imagename.jpg|250px]]), instead just use the full name of the image's file page (i.e. File:Imagename.jpg).
I changed the color of the image caption to #111111 in this edit, so it should match the rest of the infobox text now. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 20:08, June 13, 2012 (UTC)