This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Uh, I've been looking for a way to see a list of each wiki I have contributed to or I am an admin on so I can keep track of them all. I know when you edit the top of your user page in oasis a few of them appear for the "Wikis you've contributed to" section, but you obviously can't see them there all at once. Is there a way that you can have a link to them all? Thanks, Uni 16:08, August 1, 2012 (UTC)
- No, there is not. The only tool that can really do this is Help:LookupContribs. It is only available to staff and is server intensive; there would need to be a legitimate reason for them to use it (e.g. history of vandalism). You are asked to keep track of which wikis you've contributed to on your own, by using your browser tools such as history.
- You may, however, Google your username and see the results. :) -- 16:24, August 1, 2012 (UTC)
- *Edit conflict*
- You can search Google with a query like this:
"User:Example" "Edits since joining this wiki" site:wikia.com
- That should display a list of every wiki you've contributed to, but if Google hasn't had a chance to index your user page on a certain wiki, or if a wiki modified the "Edits since joining this wiki" message, it won't. You may just have to play around with it.
- Yes, that helps and makes sense. However, it might not be useful for finding some of the really small wikis, bit that's ok. How does the "Wikis you've contributed to" function work then, I wonder... Universal 19:22, August 1, 2012 (UTC)
- This is just a guess, but I think that on your profile, the "Wikis you've contributed to" feature remembers which wikis you've been to: every time you edit a new wiki, that domain is added to an array whcih is stored server-side as part of your user-data. When you view your profile there, the server is likely just providing the list that it remembers. By contrast, my understanding of the LookupContribs tool is that it actively searches your contributions on a ton of different wikis.
- Analogy: You're playing a video game. "Wikis you've contributed to" = your character dies, so you just reload the save file. LookupContribs = you replay through the entire video game from the very beginning, doing everything exactly the way you did before, to get back to the place where you died.