Community Central
Community Central
mNo edit summary
No edit summary

(3 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 20: Line 20:

$('.noarticletext a').off('click');

</source></div>

</source></div>
  +

:::That ain't right. -- {{User:Pecoes/sig|23:24, July 26, 2012 (UTC)}}

:::That ain't right. -- {{User:Pecoes/sig|23:24, July 26, 2012 (UTC)}}
  +
  +
::::I suspected as much. But to confirm: you are experiencing this bug as well under normal circumstances? {{User:Mathmagician/sig|23:31 UTC|Thu|26 July 2012}}
  +
:::::Define: "normal", please! :) -- {{User:Pecoes/sig|23:35, July 26, 2012 (UTC)}}
  +
  +
::::::"Accessing the webpage without user scripts enabled or anything else on your end that you can think of that would cause the pop up to appear."
  +
::::::{{User:Mathmagician/sig|23:38 UTC|Thu|26 July 2012}}
  +
  +
{{Ri}}The bug is in the method CreatePage.init in oasis_extensions.js. That's not one of my user scripts. -- {{User:Pecoes/sig|00:18, July 27, 2012 (UTC)}}

Latest revision as of 00:18, 27 July 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests Links not working on MediaWiki:Noarticletext
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4276 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi, can someone give me some extra confirms on whether you're encountering a bug related to MediaWiki:Noarticletext? The "Create a new article" pop up is appearing in places where it shouldn't be, and I've reported this to Special:Contact/bug, but Wikia told me in the contact mail that they weren't able to reproduce it. However, I can reproduce it 100% of the time in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, so I'm understandably curious if this is happening for anyone else:

How to reproduce the bug:

Noarticletext links broken
  1. On a MediaWiki 1.19 wiki, go to a page that doesn't exist in the Oasis skin, say http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Asdfasdf?useskin=oasis
  2. In the box, click any of the links, for example, the "deletion log" link
  3. Bug: instead of taking you to the page, the link is not followed and a pop up appears asking you to "Create a new article"
    20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 03:45 UTC, Tue, 24 July 2012
I get the same, but I had to disable the setting Disable "Create a new article" flow (Not Recommended) which I had enabled in my preferences ('Editing' tab). That setting seems to disable that popup. - Tjcool007 (Talk) 09:16, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
The same happens to me, logged in and out. I tested it with Firefox and Chrome on two different wikis.
There's an onclick handler attached to those links. You can enable them by running this from the console:

That ain't right. --  pecoes  23:24, July 26, 2012 (UTC) 
I suspected as much. But to confirm: you are experiencing this bug as well under normal circumstances? 20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 23:31 UTC, Thu, 26 July 2012
Define: "normal", please! :) --  pecoes  23:35, July 26, 2012 (UTC) 
"Accessing the webpage without user scripts enabled or anything else on your end that you can think of that would cause the pop up to appear."
20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 23:38 UTC, Thu, 26 July 2012

(Reset indent) The bug is in the method CreatePage.init in oasis_extensions.js. That's not one of my user scripts. --  pecoes  00:18, July 27, 2012 (UTC)