Fandom

Community Central

Make Music Player

Forum page

19,023pages on
this wiki
Add New Page

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index General Discussion Make Music Player
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 1614 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Does anyone know of a template that plays music on a wiki? I want to have a music player on my wiki. I don't want the player to play automatically, I just want it to be there so users could go click on it and listen to the music. Could I insert a music file from my computer? Would that work? Or even could I use some music from YouTube? Thanks so much guys! Jessie1010 My Page  13:27, June 3, 2012 (UTC)

You can embed videos from youtube (see here for help on that) - or you can use the upload tool to upload a file on your computer if it is in the .ogg audio format. -- RandomTime 13:34, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
I'm asing how I can put it in a music player format. And how would I upload the .ogg file? Jessie1010 My Page  13:57, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
Have a look at Template:YoutubePlayer for how to turn a youtube video into just a "play" button. For the ogg file, you'd upload it with Special:Upload, the same way you'd upload an image -- RandomTime 14:02, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you so much but how do I use this? I made the template using the Call of Duty Wiki's template and then had to make the MPC template but it's not working. How do I do this? Thanks again!
Jessie1010 My Page  17:41, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
Can someone please help me with making this template? This forum is not done.
Jessie1010 22:54, June 22, 2012 (UTC)
I can help you if you give me a link to the template pages you made. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 03:04, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
Here is my template: http://austinally.wikia.com/wiki/Template:YoutubePlayer I am copying from this template: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Template%3AYoutubePlayer My template isn't coming out the same as theirs. Plus I don't know how to use the template. Please help. Thanks!
Jessie1010 15:05, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
You need to import MediaWiki:MP, http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:MP1?action=edit MP1], MediaWiki:MP2, MediaWiki:MP3 and MediaWiki:MP4 in order for the template to work as intended -- RandomTime 15:12, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
I did that and the template came out the same as the Call of Duty one. So far so good. Then I tested it on my user page and nothing happened. I don't know what I did wrong. But it's fine. Thanks for your help! :)
Jessie1010 12:55, June 24, 2012 (UTC)
The template works, you just have to use the correct playlist url string. See my userpage for an example. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 17:28, June 24, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you! Which part of the playlist link do I use?
Jessie1010 15:37, June 25, 2012 (UTC)

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki