Community Central

Make Music Player

91,253pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index General Discussion Make Music Player
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 795 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Does anyone know of a template that plays music on a wiki? I want to have a music player on my wiki. I don't want the player to play automatically, I just want it to be there so users could go click on it and listen to the music. Could I insert a music file from my computer? Would that work? Or even could I use some music from YouTube? Thanks so much guys! Jessie1010 My Page  13:27, June 3, 2012 (UTC)

You can embed videos from youtube (see here for help on that) - or you can use the upload tool to upload a file on your computer if it is in the .ogg audio format. -- RandomTime 13:34, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
I'm asing how I can put it in a music player format. And how would I upload the .ogg file? Jessie1010 My Page  13:57, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
Have a look at Template:YoutubePlayer for how to turn a youtube video into just a "play" button. For the ogg file, you'd upload it with Special:Upload, the same way you'd upload an image -- RandomTime 14:02, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you so much but how do I use this? I made the template using the Call of Duty Wiki's template and then had to make the MPC template but it's not working. How do I do this? Thanks again!
Jessie1010 My Page  17:41, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
Can someone please help me with making this template? This forum is not done.
Jessie1010 22:54, June 22, 2012 (UTC)
I can help you if you give me a link to the template pages you made. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 03:04, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
Here is my template: http://austinally.wikia.com/wiki/Template:YoutubePlayer I am copying from this template: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Template%3AYoutubePlayer My template isn't coming out the same as theirs. Plus I don't know how to use the template. Please help. Thanks!
Jessie1010 15:05, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
You need to import MediaWiki:MP, http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:MP1?action=edit MP1], MediaWiki:MP2, MediaWiki:MP3 and MediaWiki:MP4 in order for the template to work as intended -- RandomTime 15:12, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
I did that and the template came out the same as the Call of Duty one. So far so good. Then I tested it on my user page and nothing happened. I don't know what I did wrong. But it's fine. Thanks for your help! :)
Jessie1010 12:55, June 24, 2012 (UTC)
The template works, you just have to use the correct playlist url string. See my userpage for an example. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 17:28, June 24, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you! Which part of the playlist link do I use?
Jessie1010 15:37, June 25, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki