This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Does anyone know of a template that plays music on a wiki? I want to have a music player on my wiki. I don't want the player to play automatically, I just want it to be there so users could go click on it and listen to the music. Could I insert a music file from my computer? Would that work? Or even could I use some music from YouTube? Thanks so much guys! 13:27, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
- You can embed videos from youtube (see here for help on that) - or you can use the upload tool to upload a file on your computer if it is in the .ogg audio format. -- RandomTime 13:34, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm asing how I can put it in a music player format. And how would I upload the .ogg file? 13:57, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you so much but how do I use this? I made the template using the Call of Duty Wiki's template and then had to make the MPC template but it's not working. How do I do this? Thanks again!
- 17:41, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Can someone please help me with making this template? This forum is not done.
- 22:54, June 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Here is my template: http://austinally.wikia.com/wiki/Template:YoutubePlayer I am copying from this template: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Template%3AYoutubePlayer My template isn't coming out the same as theirs. Plus I don't know how to use the template. Please help. Thanks!
15:05, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
- You need to import MediaWiki:MP, http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:MP1?action=edit MP1], MediaWiki:MP2, MediaWiki:MP3 and MediaWiki:MP4 in order for the template to work as intended -- RandomTime 15:12, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I did that and the template came out the same as the Call of Duty one. So far so good. Then I tested it on my user page and nothing happened. I don't know what I did wrong. But it's fine. Thanks for your help! :)
- 12:55, June 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you! Which part of the playlist link do I use?
- 15:37, June 25, 2012 (UTC)