Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Support Requests Making templates
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4320 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm an admin on the Vampire Academy Wiki, and I want to make an admin template that I can put on my userpage, but I have no idea how to create templates. Love and Lust 17:02, June 17, 2012 (UTC)

Templates are coded in exactly the same way as normal pages, except you put Template: on the front of their name.
When you add a template to an article, you can add arguments to it, a template in a page may look like this {{templatename|something|somethingelse}} - the text after the | symbol are "arguments" to the template. The first argument replaces the text {{{1}}} every time it occurs in the template, the second argument replaces the text {{{2}}}, etc. -- RandomTime 17:09, June 17, 2012 (UTC)
If you still need help with templates, this page I found might be able to help youRainbowYoshi Random yoshi 777 RainbowYoshi
random as of 06/17/2012!!! 19:11, June 17, 2012 (UTC)
Templates are pieces of text to be reused multiple times. If you want a template for just one page, you might as well put this code right into that page.--PedroM 20:50, June 17, 2012 (UTC)
I'll take a look at Random yoshi's link and take it from there. Love and Lust 01:48, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
The easiest way to learn in my opinion how to create templates is by experimenting with them. Click the Random Wiki button at the bottom a few times and find an interesting wiki, search for an infobox and try to modify it (in your own sandbox, of course).
You'll eventually start to understand how variables work that way. Making tables is different, I suggest you to read on tables here. After you understand a bit of both, try to combine them. Make a table with variables.
That's how I learned it, and still learning more advanced stuff. --Zikkun (talk) 02:06, June 18, 2012 (UTC)

Infobox Template

When I try to use the infoboxes like this one, I dont get that grey colouring. Can someone tell me how to get that? — ¤ULTIMATE SUPREME ¤ (T@lk) 03:50, June 19, 2012 (UTC)

No one? — ¤ULTIMATE SUPREME ¤ (T@lk) 06:34, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
You should be making a new message for this issue, since it's not the same as the top portion of this page. How is this related to the admin template Love and Lust is talking about?
Also don't expect any answer in less than 1 day. 70.49.127.65 06:19, June 20, 2012 (UTC)