Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Last night, my Carmageddon Wiki was fine. This morning, the Monaco theme has reset!
The templates still work, the content is all present, it's the theme that's kind of gone. It was dark, with a custom header, custom link colours, all that jazz. In fact, it still is: The Monaco.css and Common.css files have 'last modified' dates of a few months ago. So why is it now white and generic? Will it fix itself in time, or do I need to modify some obscure files? :-\
JaffaCakeLover 11:37, March 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Seems to have been a temporary glitch, you don't need to edit anything, it's not something that will go unnoticed ;) --Talk 11:48, March 17, 2010 (UTC)
- We have created some new themes which, if you were using a set Wikia theme such as "Beach" or "Sapphire", might have reset your wiki's appearances. If you are using a theme, you can always copy the file from the theme.css page (i.e. MediaWiki: Beach.css) and put it in Monaco.css to avoid those issues.
- I have also noted your current Monaco.css theme was copied initially from WoWWiki, which had to make some tweaks due to the same "reset" issue this morning. You may wish to investigate what they had to do further. --daNASCAT 21:06, March 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Well the CarmaWiki hasn't fixed itself yet, and no-one's replied to my tiny post at the bottom of WoWwiki's main talk page! I didn't change a thing in the CSS, so don't know what needs changing to fix it... --JaffaCakeLover 16:03, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
It's happened to loads of wiki's. I'm not sure if it will go back to how you want it on it's own, but I think it can be fixed manually. Doc.Richtofen 16:26, March 22, 2010 (UTC) --As I already said, I don't know what needs changing to fix it. I changed nothing. Hope someone figures out the fix. -- JaffaCakeLover 12:34, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Not sure if it's related but today <gallery> blocks stopped displaying images with frames (just the image and caption appear, no borders or frames at all). Old pages with galleries appear correctly, but new pages don't (or if you do a null edit on an existing page it makes the borders disappear). There were no changes to the .css pages for any of the skins. -- Tlosk 04:05, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for the link, I never would have found that on my own. -- Tlosk 21:26, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
- @JaffaCakeLover: looks like it is working now. You had an unclosed rule in your Common.css which made your whole monaco.css not apply. Joey (talk) 22:55, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
- It would be something as simple (and easy to miss) as that wouldn't it? Thanks! :) --JaffaCakeLover 11:15, March 29, 2010 (UTC)