Community Central

Namespace "Help"

97,175pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Namespace "Help"
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 962 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Can I use the namespace "Help" unique to my Wiki? Either the namespace "Help" will always be linked to the Wiki Help?

JM Pessanha (msg) 02:46, May 1, 2012 (UTC)

The Help namespace mirrors the Shared Help at help.wikia.com by default. But you can add something of your own to your wiki's mirror if you like. It will show up on top of the Shared Help article.
You can also opt out off the Shared Help entirely. Then it's all up to you. I'm not aware of any wiki that does that however and it's not something I would recommend.
If there's an article in the Shared Help that looks incorrect or incomplete, you can edit it! help.wikia.com is a wiki like any other after all. A word of caution though: The Shared Help is heavily monitored by Wikia staff and edits that take the help wiki in a direction that's orthogonal to their plans, might not be appreciated.
It seems to be unproblematic to add new pages to your wiki's Help namespace. Creating new pages - like adding an intro to existing ones - has no effect on the Shared Help. --  pecoes  08:44, May 01, 2012 (UTC) 
Understand. Thank you! ^^

JM Pessanha (msg) 20:47, May 1, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki