Fandom

Community Central

Navigation Box

Forum page

19,003pages on
this wiki
Add New Page

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Navigation Box
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 1578 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi. First things first: my Wiki

I would like to create a Navigation Box to head each of the pages categorised under "Tutorial" - [1]

So basically, I would like it to look like this:

Tutorials 

Favourite Card   Favourite Archetype  Favourite Strategy  Favourite Deck

Linking all of the names to their pages.

So "Tutorials" linking to: [2]

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious. I, myself, am trying to make sense of this =)

I hope I have described it clearly enough. Even if it isn't created for me, I would like a hint as to what to do please.

I'll be away for a few days, so I won't be able to reply immediately. Sorry.

Thanks. --SuperSponge!! 17:21, July 22, 2012 (UTC)

I suggest you look at w:c:yugiohfavouritecards:Template:Bigcat, that'll give you the basic idea of what you need. If you're new to templates in general then you can look at MediaWikiWiki:Help:Templates and w:c:Help:Templates. Since I'm feeling bored, here is some example code you can start with:

{| class="accent" style="width:100%; border:1px solid; font-size:90%; text-align:center;"
|-
! class="color1" style="padding:0.2em 0.5em;" colspan="4" | [[Tutorials]]
|-
| [[{{{1|{{FULLPAGENAME}}}}}|Favourite Card]]
| [[{{{2|{{FULLPAGENAME}}}}}|Favourite Archetype]]
| [[{{{3|{{FULLPAGENAME}}}}}|Favourite Strategy]]
| [[{{{4|{{FULLPAGENAME}}}}}|Favourite Deck]]
|}<noinclude>
{{Documentation}}</noinclude>
Tutorials
Favourite Card Favourite Archetype Favourite Strategy Favourite Deck

You can shove this in a template, e.g. Template:TutorialsHeading, then put {{TutorialsHeading|Card page name|Archetype page name|Strategy page name|Deck page name}} at the start of each page. You can make this slightly less tedious by using preloading. (Change the edit URL so it says /wiki/Pagename?action=edit&preload=Path_To_Wiki_Page_To_Get_Initial_Text_From). Alternatively, you can create a super template that covers the entire page and that template includes TutorialsHeading inside of it. Lunarity 04:10, July 23, 2012 (UTC)

Thanks a lot for that. I added that to my Wiki. A great help :-) --SuperSponge!! 18:34, July 27, 2012 (UTC)

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki