Community Central

Navigation Box

92,252pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Navigation Box
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 782 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi. First things first: my Wiki

I would like to create a Navigation Box to head each of the pages categorised under "Tutorial" - [1]

So basically, I would like it to look like this:

Tutorials 

Favourite Card   Favourite Archetype  Favourite Strategy  Favourite Deck

Linking all of the names to their pages.

So "Tutorials" linking to: [2]

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious. I, myself, am trying to make sense of this =)

I hope I have described it clearly enough. Even if it isn't created for me, I would like a hint as to what to do please.

I'll be away for a few days, so I won't be able to reply immediately. Sorry.

Thanks. --SuperSponge!! 17:21, July 22, 2012 (UTC)

I suggest you look at w:c:yugiohfavouritecards:Template:Bigcat, that'll give you the basic idea of what you need. If you're new to templates in general then you can look at MediaWikiWiki:Help:Templates and w:c:Help:Templates. Since I'm feeling bored, here is some example code you can start with:

{| class="accent" style="width:100%; border:1px solid; font-size:90%; text-align:center;"
|-
! class="color1" style="padding:0.2em 0.5em;" colspan="4" | [[Tutorials]]
|-
| [[{{{1|{{FULLPAGENAME}}}}}|Favourite Card]]
| [[{{{2|{{FULLPAGENAME}}}}}|Favourite Archetype]]
| [[{{{3|{{FULLPAGENAME}}}}}|Favourite Strategy]]
| [[{{{4|{{FULLPAGENAME}}}}}|Favourite Deck]]
|}<noinclude>
{{Documentation}}</noinclude>
Tutorials
Favourite Card Favourite Archetype Favourite Strategy Favourite Deck

You can shove this in a template, e.g. Template:TutorialsHeading, then put {{TutorialsHeading|Card page name|Archetype page name|Strategy page name|Deck page name}} at the start of each page. You can make this slightly less tedious by using preloading. (Change the edit URL so it says /wiki/Pagename?action=edit&preload=Path_To_Wiki_Page_To_Get_Initial_Text_From). Alternatively, you can create a super template that covers the entire page and that template includes TutorialsHeading inside of it. Lunarity 04:10, July 23, 2012 (UTC)

Thanks a lot for that. I added that to my Wiki. A great help :-) --SuperSponge!! 18:34, July 27, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki