Wikia

Community Central

No longer admin of my wikia site?

89,896pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests No longer admin of my wikia site?
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 798 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Last month, I made a wikia, Nova Elites Vanguard Alliace Wiki. Today I visited it again from the "Congratulations on creating _____" email. When I clicked the link to my wikia, it took me to a very different wiki. I was puzzled, as I did not remember making so many changes. When I clicked "customize your theme", it told me that customizing themes was an admin privilege, implying that I wasn't an admin. However, the email said I created it. Now I'm confused... did they send me a wrong link? —This unsigned comment is by Ghoststryk3r (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Can you paste the link from the email?  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  01:35,5/23/2012 

http://nova.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WikiActivity —This unsigned comment is by Ghoststryk3r (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

I'd hazard a guess that your wiki was merged with the one you are being redirected to. I'm unaware of how such things are recorded, but I'd expect an email if the creation was somewhat recent. Cqm  01:56, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
Hmm.... so what do you think I should do? I do want my site back... —This unsigned comment is by Ghoststryk3r (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
There's absolutely nothing in the logs about a merge. And w:c:nova came first, as it was created back in 2011. And I'm not being redirected to that site; the actual address is http://nova.wikia.com.
So at this point I'd ask you to clarify which address you actually created "your" wiki at. It's pretty clear you didn't create nova.wikia.com. That was created by someone named user:2797jake. And you're not even a member of nova.wikia.com.
So what did you create? Forget about the email you got; please try to report the name you remember giving the wiki when you created it. czechout@Wikia    fly tardis  <span style="">02:29: Wed 23 May 2012 
From the looks of it the wiki you created was closed. Rappy 02:41, May 23, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki