Community Central

Only editing in monobook

89,976pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Only editing in monobook
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 817 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm using Oasis as default skin, but for editing I find monobook more handful, how can I make a script that will let me change skin only when editing, something like "if ?action=edit -> useskin=monobook"? leviathan_89 19:13, 13 April, 2012 (UTC)

$(function () {
   if (wgAction == 'edit' && skin == "oasis") {
      location.href = "/wiki/" + encodeURIComponent(wgPageName) + "?action=edit&useskin=monobook";
   }
});

That's the quick and easy way to do it. I'll post a more convenient solution when I have more time. --Kangaroopowah (Talk) 19:30, April 13, 2012 (UTC)

Isn't Wikia using pretty URL now? The old URLs should still work, but isn't the first part "/index.php?title=" not necessary? Thank you, anyway. leviathan_89 10:38, 14 April, 2012 (UTC)

Yeah, I just realized that the encode function stops the error I was think of. I've updated the code above. Best, --Kangaroopowah (Talk) 20:34, April 14, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you! leviathan_89 12:13, 15 April, 2012 (UTC)
I just know tried (I took my time...) and it doesn't work. I'm also trying to add a link to the edit button dropdown menu, so I will satisfied if that will work, but there is some errors in this code:
function EditOptions() {
	// Edit in Monobook
        $('<li><a href="/wiki/' + encodeURIComponent(wgPageName) + '?useskin=monobook&action=edit" title="Edit in Monobook">In Monobook</a></li>').appendTo('#WikiaPageHeader nav.wikia-menu-button ul.WikiaMenuElement');
}
addOnloadHook(EditOptions);

leviathan_89 21:29, 25 April, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki