Fandom

Community Central

Only editing in monobook

Forum page

19,033pages on
this wiki
Add New Page

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Only editing in monobook
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 1689 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm using Oasis as default skin, but for editing I find monobook more handful, how can I make a script that will let me change skin only when editing, something like "if ?action=edit -> useskin=monobook"? leviathan_89 19:13, 13 April, 2012 (UTC)

$(function () {
   if (wgAction == 'edit' && skin == "oasis") {
      location.href = "/wiki/" + encodeURIComponent(wgPageName) + "?action=edit&useskin=monobook";
   }
});

That's the quick and easy way to do it. I'll post a more convenient solution when I have more time. --Kangaroopowah (Talk) 19:30, April 13, 2012 (UTC)

Isn't Wikia using pretty URL now? The old URLs should still work, but isn't the first part "/index.php?title=" not necessary? Thank you, anyway. leviathan_89 10:38, 14 April, 2012 (UTC)

Yeah, I just realized that the encode function stops the error I was think of. I've updated the code above. Best, --Kangaroopowah (Talk) 20:34, April 14, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you! leviathan_89 12:13, 15 April, 2012 (UTC)
I just know tried (I took my time...) and it doesn't work. I'm also trying to add a link to the edit button dropdown menu, so I will satisfied if that will work, but there is some errors in this code:
function EditOptions() {
	// Edit in Monobook
        $('<li><a href="/wiki/' + encodeURIComponent(wgPageName) + '?useskin=monobook&action=edit" title="Edit in Monobook">In Monobook</a></li>').appendTo('#WikiaPageHeader nav.wikia-menu-button ul.WikiaMenuElement');
}
addOnloadHook(EditOptions);

leviathan_89 21:29, 25 April, 2012 (UTC)

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki