Fandom

Community Central

Youtube extension needs empty div tags to allow paragraph breaks and to fix caption placement

Forum page | Redirected from Forum:Paragraphs have stopped working

19,012pages on
this wiki
Add New Page

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Youtube extension needs empty div tags to allow paragraph breaks and to fix caption placement
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 1663 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Youtube extension and paragraph breaks

Help! Blank lines are not producing paragraphs here:

The report in that 2009 section is one huge paragraph. But in the wikitext there are a number of blank lines to break it up. Something is broken at Wikia. :)

Look at the wikitext in that section to see the blank lines. There are no spaces on those blank lines either. --Timeshifter 01:08, April 3, 2012 (UTC)

The problem seems to be caused by the <youtube> tags in that section. Oddly, adding an empty <div></div> after the <youtube> tags returns the paragraphs to normal. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 14:34, April 3, 2012 (UTC)
Mostly likely, even though they take up alot of space, the youtube tags are inline, so they don't add a linebreak themselves. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 3 Apr 2012 1:30 PM Pacific

(unindent). Thanks all. I am going to leave it broken for now. I left a note on the talk page for this extension:

What exactly in the current extension code is causing the problem? Any ideas? --Timeshifter 03:20, April 4, 2012 (UTC)

I decided to fix the problem. Here is the revision showing the problem:
http://cannabis.wikia.com/wiki/Rome,_Italy?oldid=41079#2009
Here is the diff showing the addition of <div></div> that fixes the problem. --Timeshifter 05:37, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

Caption placement also fixed by empty div tags

I just noticed that <br> tags no longer work right with videos placed with the Youtube extension. The addition of <div></div> at the end of the video wikitext fixes the problem. See the wikitext for the videos in this page and section:

I pointed out the problem and solution here:

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki