Wikia

Community Central

Youtube extension needs empty div tags to allow paragraph breaks and to fix caption placement

89,632pages on
this wiki

Forum page | Redirected from Forum:Paragraphs have stopped working

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Youtube extension needs empty div tags to allow paragraph breaks and to fix caption placement
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 795 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Youtube extension and paragraph breaks

Help! Blank lines are not producing paragraphs here:

The report in that 2009 section is one huge paragraph. But in the wikitext there are a number of blank lines to break it up. Something is broken at Wikia. :)

Look at the wikitext in that section to see the blank lines. There are no spaces on those blank lines either. --Timeshifter 01:08, April 3, 2012 (UTC)

The problem seems to be caused by the <youtube> tags in that section. Oddly, adding an empty <div></div> after the <youtube> tags returns the paragraphs to normal. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 14:34, April 3, 2012 (UTC)
Mostly likely, even though they take up alot of space, the youtube tags are inline, so they don't add a linebreak themselves. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 3 Apr 2012 1:30 PM Pacific

(unindent). Thanks all. I am going to leave it broken for now. I left a note on the talk page for this extension:

What exactly in the current extension code is causing the problem? Any ideas? --Timeshifter 03:20, April 4, 2012 (UTC)

I decided to fix the problem. Here is the revision showing the problem:
http://cannabis.wikia.com/wiki/Rome,_Italy?oldid=41079#2009
Here is the diff showing the addition of <div></div> that fixes the problem. --Timeshifter 05:37, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

Caption placement also fixed by empty div tags

I just noticed that <br> tags no longer work right with videos placed with the Youtube extension. The addition of <div></div> at the end of the video wikitext fixes the problem. See the wikitext for the videos in this page and section:

I pointed out the problem and solution here:

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki