Community Central
Community Central
(Created page with "{{Forumheader|Support Requests}} Hello I am Rocketslime_1_1 form the Nintendo Wiki. On the Nintendo Wiki we have an annoying ad space on ...")

No edit summary
Line 3: Line 3:

Hello I am Rocketslime_1_1 form the Nintendo Wiki. On the Nintendo Wiki we have an [[:File:Nintendo Wiki Mainpage AD.png|annoying ad space]] on the main page that appears even if you are logged in. It interrupts the structure of the main page. Because it either appears as a small square ad or a large rectangular ad I was wondering if there is a way to tell what size it is so that the main page of the wiki could change slightly depending on its size to help account for the space it will take up. Is there anyway to do that?

Hello I am Rocketslime_1_1 form the Nintendo Wiki. On the Nintendo Wiki we have an [[:File:Nintendo Wiki Mainpage AD.png|annoying ad space]] on the main page that appears even if you are logged in. It interrupts the structure of the main page. Because it either appears as a small square ad or a large rectangular ad I was wondering if there is a way to tell what size it is so that the main page of the wiki could change slightly depending on its size to help account for the space it will take up. Is there anyway to do that?

{{User:Rocketslime_1_1/SigReal|18:15,7/12/2012}}

{{User:Rocketslime_1_1/SigReal|18:15,7/12/2012}}
  +
  +
:Theoretically you could test the height of the ad space with javascript after the page has finished loading, and then use javascript to adjust the elements in your main page design in response. I don't recommend doing that though. --'''[[User:Gardimuer|Gardimuer]]'''&nbsp;<sup>[[User talk:Gardimuer|{&nbsp;ʈalk&nbsp;}]]</sup> 04:28, July 14, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 04:28, 14 July 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests Question about main page ad
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4297 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello I am Rocketslime_1_1 form the Nintendo Wiki. On the Nintendo Wiki we have an annoying ad space on the main page that appears even if you are logged in. It interrupts the structure of the main page. Because it either appears as a small square ad or a large rectangular ad I was wondering if there is a way to tell what size it is so that the main page of the wiki could change slightly depending on its size to help account for the space it will take up. Is there anyway to do that?  Rocketslime_1_1  Talk  Wall  Contribs  18:15,7/12/2012 

Theoretically you could test the height of the ad space with javascript after the page has finished loading, and then use javascript to adjust the elements in your main page design in response. I don't recommend doing that though. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 04:28, July 14, 2012 (UTC)