Community Central

Redirect MW3 Wiki to COD Wiki

94,657pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Redirect MW3 Wiki to COD Wiki
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 894 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm sorry. MW3 Wiki imitates the official Call of Duty website, which would violate Activision's Terms of Use. I request to redirect this wiki to Call of Duty instead. Thank you.

...I don't see it. Also, since when does Activision have jurisdiction over a wiki's layout. And why can I see no advert on MW3's mainpage? Cqm  00:24, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
According to a CoD Wiki bureaucrat, MW3 wiki is not endorsed by Activision, posing as an official website, information will be duplicated off cod.wikia.com.
...And there is nothing wrong with that. That, in a nutshell, is what wikis are. Rappy 00:30, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
It's called fair use/licensing. As long as the copyright is attributed to the copyright holder there is very little Activision can do. Cqm  01:39, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
Someone said MW3 Wiki is a spinoff of Call of Duty Wiki, could violate CoD Wikis's policies and guidelines. So, this is a dispute.
As an administrator at the Call of Duty Wiki, I have no real problem with the other wiki existing, as long as they do not copy our content outright. To be honest, if you compare this page and the corresponding page on the MW3 wiki, you'll see that they're very different, and there doesn't seem to be any attribution problem because of this. I don't have time to check every page, but I doubt that any content will be copied without attribution anyway. However, if any is, it's not too much of a problem - we can always request that attribution be provided, and if need be, get staff involved to do so. sactage (talk) 15:20, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
As another admin at CoD Wiki, I agree with Sactage. --MLGisNot4Me talk 15:28, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
Ahh. We want MW3 Wiki to become an affiliate of Call of Duty Wiki.
Are you sure that the wiki will be affiliated by Call of Duty Wiki? --112.210.11.149 11:00, June 8, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki