Community Central

Regarding Ads

89,552pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index General Discussion Regarding Ads
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 716 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

How does one obtain the correct category of ads for their wiki? In other words, since mine is a gaming wiki, I would like ads for gaming to appear as I've noticed other gaming wikis do. However, I'm getting ads for insurance, restaurants, etc. -- TheUnseelieCourt 23:32, July 3, 2012 (UTC)

I imagine that you cannot obtain the right category, it will be random, (i.e. there was a Slurpee ad on the A.N.T. Farm Wiki) It will just be any random ad that the company has bought for Wikia to promote their products. --Evanf (Talk) 00:02, July 4, 2012 (UTC)
Well, all the video game wikis I go to (with the exception of my own) always have ads for video games, so I'm not too sure about it being so random. -- TheUnseelieCourt 00:35, July 4, 2012 (UTC)
Ads are more likely to be shown if they relate to the wiki's topic, but you still might get irrelevant ads. Matthew2602 Wall 05:19, August 4, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki