Fandom

Community Central

Regarding Ads

Forum page

19,021pages on
this wiki
Add New Page

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index General Discussion Regarding Ads
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 1571 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

How does one obtain the correct category of ads for their wiki? In other words, since mine is a gaming wiki, I would like ads for gaming to appear as I've noticed other gaming wikis do. However, I'm getting ads for insurance, restaurants, etc. -- TheUnseelieCourt 23:32, July 3, 2012 (UTC)

I imagine that you cannot obtain the right category, it will be random, (i.e. there was a Slurpee ad on the A.N.T. Farm Wiki) It will just be any random ad that the company has bought for Wikia to promote their products. --Evanf (Talk) 00:02, July 4, 2012 (UTC)
Well, all the video game wikis I go to (with the exception of my own) always have ads for video games, so I'm not too sure about it being so random. -- TheUnseelieCourt 00:35, July 4, 2012 (UTC)
Ads are more likely to be shown if they relate to the wiki's topic, but you still might get irrelevant ads. Matthew2602 Wall 05:19, August 4, 2012 (UTC)

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki