Community Central
Community Central
mNo edit summary
mNo edit summary

(4 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 9: Line 9:

:I too have been pondering what those methods are... - <font face="Century Gothic">[[User:Subtank|<font color="gold"><font color="#FF4F00">5</font>əb<font color="#FF4F00">'7</font>aŋk</font>]]<sup>([[User talk:Subtank|<font color="#FF4F00">7alk</font>]])</sup></font> 00:20, October 28, 2010 (UTC)

:I too have been pondering what those methods are... - <font face="Century Gothic">[[User:Subtank|<font color="gold"><font color="#FF4F00">5</font>əb<font color="#FF4F00">'7</font>aŋk</font>]]<sup>([[User talk:Subtank|<font color="#FF4F00">7alk</font>]])</sup></font> 00:20, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
  +
  +
::Regarding "Admins now have a way to exclude images from the photo gallery..."
  +
::This was suggested on the Beta boards early on and Wikia representatives fought it tooth-and-nail. Apparently they got wise, but probably too late and not enough as many prominent wikis have left Wikia. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Former WoWWiki Admin">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 9:01 PM PST 27 Oct 2010
  +
  +
:There are a lot of functions in Wikia's additions to MediaWiki that are now limited to admins that didn't use to be - try reverting spam or vandalism off blog posts, blog comments or article comments: while on a regular wiki, every user can fight spam and vandalism by reverting edits, the listed types of pages can only be de-vandalised by admins or, in the case of blog comments, blog owners: but how do you know there's a response to your blog when there's no notfication? Thanks for empowering everyone to edit, Wiki! --<span class="sigpic">[[User:M.mendel|◄mendel►]]</span> 23:48, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
  +
  +
::In addition, the method of manually having admins blacklist individual images/pages didn't work for the WikiStickies either. As I already suggested back then, making the system category-based (i.e. letting people exclude images which belong to certain categories like user page images etc) would be much more practical, as it would require less constant maintenance. -- [[User:Porter21|Porter21]] <sup>([[User_talk:Porter21|talk]])</sup> 07:08, October 30, 2010 (UTC)
  +
  +
[[MediaWiki:Categoryblacklist]] and [[MediaWiki:Photosblacklist]] for anyone who wants to know. --'''[[User:D-day|D.]]''' <span style="font-size:8pt">([[User talk:D-day|talk]] '''·''' [[Special:Contributions/D-day|contr]])</span> 03:08, November 3, 2010 (UTC)
  +
:Those? Already aware of those. I was hoping it would be far more ''different''... oh well, you can't please anyone nowadays it seems...- <font face="Century Gothic">[[User:Subtank|<font color="gold"><font color="#FF4F00">5</font>əb<font color="#FF4F00">'7</font>aŋk</font>]]<sup>([[User talk:Subtank|<font color="#FF4F00">7alk</font>]])</sup></font> 03:22, November 3, 2010 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 03:22, 3 November 2010

Forums: Index Community Central Forum Regarding phase II of the new skin
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4906 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

"Admins now have a way to exclude images from the photo gallery and to control the categories shown at the top of a page." (link)

So my question is how? I'd also like to know why this is limited to administrators. --D. (talk · contr) 22:05, October 27, 2010 (UTC)

I too have been pondering what those methods are... - 5əb'7aŋk(7alk) 00:20, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
Regarding "Admins now have a way to exclude images from the photo gallery..."
This was suggested on the Beta boards early on and Wikia representatives fought it tooth-and-nail. Apparently they got wise, but probably too late and not enough as many prominent wikis have left Wikia. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 9:01 PM PST 27 Oct 2010
There are a lot of functions in Wikia's additions to MediaWiki that are now limited to admins that didn't use to be - try reverting spam or vandalism off blog posts, blog comments or article comments: while on a regular wiki, every user can fight spam and vandalism by reverting edits, the listed types of pages can only be de-vandalised by admins or, in the case of blog comments, blog owners: but how do you know there's a response to your blog when there's no notfication? Thanks for empowering everyone to edit, Wiki! --◄mendel► 23:48, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
In addition, the method of manually having admins blacklist individual images/pages didn't work for the WikiStickies either. As I already suggested back then, making the system category-based (i.e. letting people exclude images which belong to certain categories like user page images etc) would be much more practical, as it would require less constant maintenance. -- Porter21 (talk) 07:08, October 30, 2010 (UTC)

MediaWiki:Categoryblacklist and MediaWiki:Photosblacklist for anyone who wants to know. --D. (talk · contr) 03:08, November 3, 2010 (UTC)

Those? Already aware of those. I was hoping it would be far more different... oh well, you can't please anyone nowadays it seems...- 5əb'7aŋk(7alk) 03:22, November 3, 2010 (UTC)