Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Community Central Forum Remove "Added by..." under photos
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4836 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Is there a way to get rid of the "Added by..." sticker which seems to come with every images? Silvan od Montreal 15:49, January 4, 2011 (UTC)

Add
.WikiaArticle .picture-attribution {display:none;}
to your MediaWiki:Wikia.css page. Sovq 22:28, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks. Silvan od Montreal 23:27, January 4, 2011 (UTC)

In fact, the new title is wrong, as the «added by...» don't show up under photos, by in the text. —This unsigned comment is by Silvan od Montreal (talkcontribs) 08:05, 5 January 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Umm... no. The text with "added by" shows up under photos. Not to the right, not to the left, not above. Under means the same as below. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 8:29 AM PST 5 Jan 2011
Didn't work this way in my wiki. I had five added by... in a row at the beginning of an article, and the photos were on the right... This was ugly. Silvan od Montreal 16:36, January 5, 2011 (UTC)
If you provide a link to the 'problem' page / article then somebody can have alook and see if something else is effecting it, as this "added by .." normally appears within the image thumbnail box with the caption & the link image to the files description page. -   BulldozerD11   talk    contribs    email   17:28, January 5, 2011 (UTC)
I deactivated the non-display mode. Have a look at http://uropi.wikia.com/wiki/Velomobìl Silvan od Montreal 17:52, January 5, 2011 (UTC)
Hi I'm seeing the "added by .." in the 'normal' place under the images within the shaded thumb border/box on your wiki. See File:example.jpg image used here which looks the same layout as i see on your wiki.
Example

an example photo to illustrate the "added by.." caption which appears below this text.

The text below an image is perhaps better described as 'the caption' and Text in general used to describe the main body of an article.(I find we dont all use/talk the same version/meanings in English) ! But i dont see the 5 "added by.." items appearing at the beginning of the article as you describe above, so maybe it was a 'glitch' as every so often wikia has 'problems' when things briefly do not display properly for some users on some wikis. If it occurs again try getting a screen shoot (capture) and sending it to wikia staff via Special:contact from your wiki. (but if disabling this (anoying) feature using the CSS above gets rid of the annoying 'attribution' for your wiki dont worry about it). -   BulldozerD11   talk    contribs    email   18:39, January 5, 2011 (UTC)
You don't see the same as I do. Anyway, I'll remove the «added by...» I don't need them. Silvan od Montreal 21:37, January 5, 2011 (UTC)

Display problem

The 'floating' "added by.." as described by Silvan od Montreal above with it appaaring in the main article text has occurred on other wikis - see Blog here were User:Nightfern has posted a screen shot.

Screen shot problem

Problem as posted by Nightfern

in a Blog.

-   BulldozerD11   talk    contribs    email   21:32, January 5, 2011 (UTC)

Tagged this post with {{Staff needed}} so maybe someone will look into floating attribution problem. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 9:39 PM PST 6 Jan 2011
Are you still seeing this issue? I haven't seen any other reports about this, so I want to make sure if it's wiki specific or something more large-scale. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 01:30, January 22, 2011 (UTC)
I did what sovq wrote, and the tags disappeared, as I wished. Silvan od Montreal 01:43, January 22, 2011 (UTC)

Not working for me

I'm not familiar with editing the .css file, and the new skin seems to have made it impossible for me to find a way to simply look at the code in wikis that have successfully made the change. ethshar.wikia.com DarkerDreams 12:05, January 6, 2011 (UTC)

Neither was I. I simply opened the page and pasted the line of code on it. It simply worked. Silvan od Montreal 13:08, January 6, 2011 (UTC)

(unindent). Here is the relevant CSS file for the wiki I edit at:

Substitute the subdomain for your wiki, go to the CSS page, click the edit button, and then add this:

/* === Hide "Image added by" on articles === */
 .picture-attribution { display:none !important; }

Then follow the instructions on the page concerning bypassing your browser's cache (purging it of the old CSS). --Timeshifter 20:45, January 9, 2011 (UTC)