This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Having experienced this bug, I just want to notice other users of it existence as Wikia Staff has not acknowledge its existence.
If your site uses a skin that was supported by Wikia at the moment of creation, but which are no longer supported, any admins changing their personal settings will change the skin to one supported by Wikia, most likely the blue and white skin.
- Are you sure you guys are using the proper way of changing the site skin and your personal preference on the matter ?
- I can imagine that new admin could try to use the bottom changing option to alter their own skin choice which isn't good. The options at the bottom are for the entire wiki. — TulipVorlax 14:47, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Actually changing site skin was not something that was done, at least not by admin. The skin was change by Wikia, which then blamed admin for the change.--Koppadasao 14:53, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
- I can confirm that. Admin skin chooser defaults to the first element of the list if the skin of the wiki is one of the "deprecated" skins, because the skin is not in the list. If you save your preferences, then the first theme is set, regardless of being changed or not by the admin. --Ciencia Al Poder (talk) -WikiDex 15:41, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for this report because it happened to me a few days ago. Our wiki (w:c:vim where I am an admin) was created in July 2007 and we have never customised the skin (so it must have been set to Monobook). After nearly saving a change when I was logged out, I decided to change my skin to be different from the default so I would more easily notice when my login had expired. I am very confident that the only thing I did was to click a couple of preview buttons, then set my skin to Jade. However, the whole site switched to Saphire (the first choice in the list of skins). JohnBeckett 09:10, April 20, 2010 (UTC)
- I can confirm this, i changed my icon on another wiki im admin at and the same thing occured again The Emperor Zelos 13:57, April 20, 2010 (UTC)