Wikia

Community Central

Someone Throw Away My WIkia!?

90,825pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Someone Throw Away My WIkia!?
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 746 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Well I just got back to my Sonicpedia.wikia.com and found out someone hacked in and deleted it for no reason whatsoever. Now me and my friend spend long and hard work into that wikia, so much hardwork... And after I came to here http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:SonicUltimateFan/Person_trying_to_delete_my_wikia!?&cb=10000 i thought everything would be okay after the attacker tryed to delete my wikia... —This unsigned comment is by SonicUltimateFan (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Your wiki, w:c:sonicpedia, was not hacked. It was officially closed by Wikia staff. To find out the reason, you'd have to email them via Special:Contact 20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 20:17 UTC, Sun, 05 August 2012
Er sorry but it wasnt Wikia staff. If it was then it was about spambots or spammers trying to take down my wikia. but I tryed my best to fix it all up, and I was the main person on it, it was MY wikia. No one had the right to close it, I had nothing wrong with it. I spent YEARS of hard work into that website, I was pround of it. but now someone thought it was a good idea just to delete all my hard work. It was not theirs and they didnt even tell me anything they just deleted it.SonicUltimateFan (talk) 20:26, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
Only Wikia staff have the tools to close a Wikia wiki. It was definitely a staff member, so you should use Special:Contact to email them. And, even *if* your wiki was deleted by someone else who isn't staff, it's still true that the only people who can actually help you are Wikia staff.
Your years of hard work are not gone. When a wiki is closed, the content is not immediately deleted. You will be able to get a database dump to retrieve all of the pages on the wiki, and then you can host them on another wiki. Please use Special:Contact to reach staff if you have further questions. No-one else can help you with this, you need to speak to staff.
20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 20:32 UTC, Sun, 05 August 2012
If it was closed, it was probably merged with another wiki. Try searching for other sonic wikis, maybe your work is on one of them. --IK Talk 23:42, August 5, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki