Community Central

Sort buttons on sortable tables do not appear

94,624pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Sort buttons on sortable tables do not appear
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 922 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Greetings, I've created a page about certain articles grouped up in a table and added sortable classes into them, but the buttons to sort out the table do not appear for some reason. I searched around but I couldn't find a clear answer to why this is happening.

What I did find however, is that MediaWiki:Wikia.css has information about prettytable and wikitable, having a look at a few other Wikia.css of other wiki didn't help me as they don't even have such lines written, but different css attributes.

What can I do to fix this issue, and I was also wondering if there's a way I could assume that the icons in the Icon section could remain and not stretch out the table because of the description being too big? --Zikkun (talk) 06:39, May 11, 2012 (UTC)

I believe that, by default, sortable tables need the "sortable" class assigned to them for the sorting to work. As for the second issue - I don't quite understand what you mean. Sovq 13:43, May 11, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you so much for solving the first issue. That's really odd, I'm sure I had sortable in the table. My guess is that the table did not go into a sortable manner up until the edit was saved, so I instantly misjudged it for not working.
Regarding the second issue, what I meant is that when there is too much content in the Description section of the table, the table begins to enlarge to a point where there's too much height for the icon section, and that reduces the quality of the table in my opinion. Nevertheless it appears to impossible to fix unless I reduce the description content itself. Once again, thank you for the help. --Zikkun (talk) 14:31, May 11, 2012 (UTC)
Sorting, collapsibility and other features that require JavaScript can't be seen in the edit preview as far as I know. That's why, when dealing with such "dynamic" features, currently only saving the edit can verify if it works or not.
As for the images issue - there's a bunch of possible solutions; you can either reduce line-height, reduce table cell padding, tinker around with cell width/height, make the images higher or re-organize the content. It's up to you how you want it too look like, we can only supply the code :) Sovq 17:50, May 11, 2012 (UTC)
Apart from your topic, I cleared unnecessary codes and some mistakes because it seemed containing too much code repetitions. If this modified the layout and is not the way you want, you can cancel the edit. (What if there was a sandbox on Tera wiki?)  Cafeinlove msg 2012-05-12, 1:37 am(UTC+9)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki