This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Can anyone help me with this? I don't get how to make a reference box for my wiki.
I tried to before, and it just wouldn't work... Mai Is Me 23:38, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Show us what you tried, please! -- pecos 00:29, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
- I deleted after it wouldn't work. Mai Is Me 00:59, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
- So you've come here with a question about code you deleted because you already gave up on it. :D
- Never mind.
- The most important bit of code of that reference box is this:
<div style="overflow:auto; height:230px; width:100%;"></div>
- I've edited the template, but without knowing how you plant to use the template, that was a bit of a wild guess... -- pecos 22:08, June 16, 2012 (UTC)
- I meant so that it I editied and mentioned something I could have small numbers that, when pressed, would take you to one of thoses boxes. Then in the box it would have a link to what I was talking to. Like on Wikipedia. Mai Is Me 23:51, June 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, thats what I meant ^_^ Mai Is Me 00:16, June 17, 2012 (UTC)
- I still don't really gey how to use it, though. Mai Is Me 00:08, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
- What have you tried? -- pecos 00:16, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh never mind, Iget it ^_^ But you know how your's has a box around it? Mine kind of looks like it's just floating there... Is there a way to make the outside a color that matched the rest of the wiki's color scheme? Mai Is Me 04:03, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
Here's the template itself. Do you see that "border" thing?
<div style="overflow:auto; height:160px; width:100%; border: 1px solid white;"><references /></div>
That's what adds the border. More here: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_border.asp
pecos 07:44, June 20, 2012 (UTC)