This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
On wikia you can find statistical information when you choose for special pages > Statistics or Wikia Statistics.
The statistics are rather limited. You cannot see how many people visisted certain pages in a giving period.
In the current situation it is not possible to use Google Analytics, because you cannot add scripts to wikia-pages.
- It's an interesting idea, but please send feature requests to Special:Contact. --Pcj (T•C) 22:18, September 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I think it's possible to make a tracker code execute on Wikia since i've seen a lot of people adding many differents sort of JS to Mediawiki:Common.js but i wouln't recommend doing it.
- It would be best if Wikia could provide us more stats using an opensource software like Piwik.
- But that kind of software tend to produce very big database files. I use Piwik on my own websites that dont receive alot of visit and after a few month, the DB is around 20 MB. That wouldn't be a problem if i could host myself at home but my provider prohibit any kind of server unless taking a professionnal service, so 20MB is a lot on my host.
- I dont know if Wikia would have the capacity for this since they already have to add more servers just to make this site run smoother.
- — TulipVorlax 22:22, September 13, 2010 (UTC)