Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Community Central Forum Struggling wiki
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 5062 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

My wiki is struggling. It has over 220 articles, but only 1 to 3 visitors a day. It has no hope. What can I do? --Knighrez(Talk) 08:34, June 9, 2010 (UTC)

See Help:Attracting Contributors. Good luck! --Pcj (TC) 11:34, June 9, 2010 (UTC)
It takes time to build traffic I only have about half a dozen real editors on the wiki I started but traffic grew very slowly for 1st year and has climbed steadily since as the number of articles grew. - quantcast data here. It can be a bit depressing/lonely at times as the only (real) editor but have fun searching out more info to add & getting photos of vehicles from events to add to pages & visit related forums and contribute to them and have a link to your wiki in your 'signature space' so people can find it with a common interest, and try to get listed on the links list of other sites. when you get bored look at a few random wikis for good ideas on how they do templates and organise there wiki. - BulldozerD11 14:06, June 9, 2010 (UTC)
I added a comment to the talk page of Help:Attracting Contributors which may be relevant too. --Oshani 14:13, June 9, 2010 (UTC)
I would recommend pointing visitors at Everything Auto Answers to relevant pages on your site. It could also help with ideas for new pages on your site. I would recommend making a simple template on Everything Auto Answers to use that links to your site. Maybe something like w:c:auto.answers:Template:autowiki. I could help you make the template. I made a fancy template on the main WikiAnswers, for pointing to WoWWiki. It helps alot (or at least used to until most questions moved to WoW Answers ;-). -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 11:31 AM PST 9 Jun 2010
Many wikis have also started Facebook pages or Twitter pages for their wiki. --daNASCAT (Help Forum) (blog) 19:30, June 9, 2010 (UTC)
Right after reading this comment, i made one ! Lol. — TulipVorlax 11:57, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
Not sure of the proper way to show a link on the wiki though. — TulipVorlax 12:10, June 10, 2010 (UTC)