Community Central

Template Edit Button

91,253pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Template Edit Button
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 747 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi, I created a multi-purpose template on my wiki, but it has no edit button (which means I can only use it on one article). Please tell me how to fix it here. Thanks Superlana (talk) 18:49, August 15, 2012 (UTC)

Do you want an edit button on the template for editing the template page? Why can you only use it on one article?  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  18:52,8/15/2012 
Do you mean that you want it so that you can input text into it? If so you have to add variables to the template (Example: {{{variable}}}). If you do that you could input text like this on the page you want to use it on ({{Relevant|variable = text}}) then it will replace where the variable is in the template with the text that is inputted.
If that is what you are trying to do then this is what the template will look like.
{|<onlyinclude><div style="border-radius: 10px; padding: 5px; margin: 15px 0; width: 100%; background-color:#e7cbb7;"
| colspan=2 style="text-align:center; font-weight:bold; background-color:#e8d7ca; border-radius: 5px; padding: 2px;" | <span style="color:white"> Articles that are relevant to {{PAGENAME}}. </span> <span style="font-size: 75%; position: absolute; right: 24px;"> →</span>
|-
| style="background-color:#e8d7ca; border-radius: 5px; padding: 2px;" | <span style="color:white">#01</span> {{#if:{{{1|}}}|row that you want to appear}}
| style="background-color:#e8d7ca; border-radius: 5px; padding: 2px;" | <span style="color:white">#04</span> {{#if:{{{4|}}}|row that you want to appear}}
|- 
| style="background-color:#e8d7ca; border-radius: 5px; padding: 2px;" | <span style="color:white">#02</span> {{#if:{{{2|}}}|row that you want to appear}}
| style="background-color:#e8d7ca; border-radius: 5px; padding: 2px;" | <span style="color:white">#05</span> {{#if:{{{5|}}}|row that you want to appear}}
|-
| style="background-color:#e8d7ca; border-radius: 5px; padding: 2px;" | <span style="color:white">#03</span> {{#if:{{{3|}}}|row that you want to appear}}
| style="background-color:#e8d7ca; border-radius: 5px; padding: 2px;" | <span style="color:white">#06</span> {{#if:{{{6|}}}|row that you want to appear}}
|}
<noinclude>
[[Category:Templates]]</noinclude>

Then you just input this into the page you want it on, but replace the "ARTICLE1", "ARTICLE2", "ARTICLE3", etc. with what you want to appear in the template.

{{Relevant|ARTICLE1|ARTICLE2|ARTICLE3|ARTICLE4|ARTICLE5|ARTICLE6}}

Rocketslime_1_1  Talk  Wall  Contribs  19:10,8/15/2012 

Yes, thank you very much.Superlana (talk) 19:17, August 15, 2012 (UTC)

Sorry to be a bother, but how do I hide the cells I don't use.Superlana (talk) 20:12, August 15, 2012 (UTC)

To do that you have to use an "if" thing. To do that follow this code.
{{#if:{{{1|}}}|row that you want to appear}}
But I recommend you put the code for a cell as "Template:Cell" or something like that so that there aren't problems with the code (instead of the cell number put "{{{1}}}", then instead of the code above use this for each cell (except change the number for each).
{{#if:{{{1|}}}|{{Cell|{{{1}}}}}
If you need any help doing that I can help.
 Rocketslime_1_1  Talk  Wall  Contribs  20:23,8/15/2012 

Thanks for responding, do I create a Cell Template with the second code, and then insert the first code row that you want to appear into the Template Relevant. Check out the example box. Superlana (talk) 20:45, August 15, 2012 (UTC)

I tried it both ways and it didn't world, could you please help.Superlana (talk) 22:29, August 15, 2012 (UTC)

I fixed it so it works.
 Rocketslime_1_1  Talk  Wall  Contribs  02:24,8/16/2012 

Thank you; question: should I delete this page, is it nessecary. Template:Cell.Superlana (talk) 09:46, August 16, 2012 (UTC)

Nope, leave that in as the template now uses it.
 Rocketslime_1_1  Talk  Wall  Contribs  14:18,8/16/2012 

Ok, Thanks.Superlana (talk) 19:20, August 16, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki