Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
(expanded)

(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 7: Line 7:

[[User:Gleekobsessed|<span style="color:darkblue"><small>'''I'm down on the daydream'''</small></span>]][[User talk:Gleekobsessed|<span style="color:darkgreen"> but that sleepwalk should be over by now, I know!</span>]] 03:11, May 7, 2012 (UTC)

[[User:Gleekobsessed|<span style="color:darkblue"><small>'''I'm down on the daydream'''</small></span>]][[User talk:Gleekobsessed|<span style="color:darkgreen"> but that sleepwalk should be over by now, I know!</span>]] 03:11, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
:The quick fix would be to have him edit the User blog:Pjo06/MoncheleConspiracy page (you can do it yourself if you're a sysop there) and enclose everything with <nowiki><onlyinclude></nowiki> tags. That will stop the Blog posts category from being transcluded with the template. E.g.
  +
<pre>
  +
<onlyinclude>
  +
*content to be transcluded goes inside here
  +
</onlyinclude>
  +
</pre>
  +
:Another equally quick fix would be to just remove the Blog posts category from that page.
  +
  +
:Finally, another option would be to move that blog to the template namespace, and then go back and replace every single occurrence of <nowiki>{{User blog:Pjo06/MoncheleConspiracy}}</nowiki> with <nowiki>{{MoncheleConspiracy}}</nowiki> (after you've renamed the page to Template:MoncheleConspiracy). A bot could be used for this purpose -- if you don't have a bot, perhaps someone who takes bot requests here on central could help you. — [[User:Mathmagician|Mathmagician]] 03:31, May 7, 2012 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 03:48, 7 May 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests Template is adding categories
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4365 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Okay, so there is an issue. One user made his templates incorrectly. They are like this { { User blog:Pjo06/MoncheleConspiracy } } when they should be like this { { Template:xxxxxx } } and it causes every page that it is on to get teh blog post category, including user, talk, and comment pages when it should not be there. How would I fix this template to not add that category.

I'm down on the daydream but that sleepwalk should be over by now, I know! 03:11, May 7, 2012 (UTC)

The quick fix would be to have him edit the User blog:Pjo06/MoncheleConspiracy page (you can do it yourself if you're a sysop there) and enclose everything with <onlyinclude> tags. That will stop the Blog posts category from being transcluded with the template. E.g.
<onlyinclude>
*content to be transcluded goes inside here
</onlyinclude>
Another equally quick fix would be to just remove the Blog posts category from that page.
Finally, another option would be to move that blog to the template namespace, and then go back and replace every single occurrence of {{User blog:Pjo06/MoncheleConspiracy}} with {{MoncheleConspiracy}} (after you've renamed the page to Template:MoncheleConspiracy). A bot could be used for this purpose -- if you don't have a bot, perhaps someone who takes bot requests here on central could help you. — Mathmagician 03:31, May 7, 2012 (UTC)