Fandom

Community Central

The Logo

Forum page

19,023pages on
this wiki
Add New Page

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index General Discussion The Logo
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 1668 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

When did Wikia change the logo? The new one is too thick, and the old one was too iconic for a sudden change like that.

---****--- Roads 13:54,3/21/2012

Just today. The 888th Avatar (talk) 13:57, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
I sort-of agree; the curving "w" seemed more iconic. On a side note, Wikia should update their favicon to be consistent with the new "w". --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 00:53, March 22, 2012 (UTC)
The new one is ugly.
New top wikia logo March 2012
It looks blocky and fuzzy on the bottom for me. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 23 Mar 2012 3:08 PM Pacific
I wonder why it isn't located at File:Wiki.png -- 65.92.180.188 05:13, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
Wiki.png is not the Wikia bar logo, but the Monobook skin logo. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 28 Mar 2012 10:27 AM Pacific

I see no problem with the logo. Even if the curved W was iconic, the logo still says "Wikia," and that's the point of the logo. Shotrocket6 14:45, March 23, 2012 (UTC)

My problem is not with the font, but that it was obviously scaled badly from a larger version and does not have crisp edges like it should. It looks unprofessional. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 28 Mar 2012 10:27 AM Pacific
It's weird how it's Monospace (or at least a variation) even though the staff have practically abandoned the standard editor.
---****--- Roads 22:08,5/1/2012

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki