Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Well, I need a tutor that can teach me how to work with a Bot. I recently request the Bot to AWB and now I have the permission to work, but the problem is I DON'T KNOW HOW!! w:c:es.dragonball:User:Dankbot is the "Bot" please help me, I speak spanish but i can understand english. I want a bot like this w:c:es.pokemon:User:DexBot but how? Please help. Ah and i don´t understand the manual of wikipedia jeje ----Danke7 (talk) -DragonBall 06:00, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Can you tell us what you want to do with the bot? What automated tasks you want to perform, and I'll try to show you how you can do it. RandomTime 10:14, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Have AWB log in as a user
- Make a list of pages to modify
- Set the options (specify what to do to each page)
- Start the process (AWB takes you through each page, previewing the planned changes, and letting you make further changes, such as adding a template). Once you get the hang of it it is easy. Manyman (Talk) 05:54, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
"Have AWB log in as a user" This doesn't work for me, and gives the message "The password you provided is incorrect. (an authentication plugin rather than MediaWiki itself rejected the password)" Joeytje50talk
19:47, September 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Did you enter the correct password? It seems to work for me. —Manyman (talk) 21:25, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
18:18, September 30, 2010 (UTC)