Community Central
Register
Community Central
Forums: Index Community Central Forum Tutor or manual for bot
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4912 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Well, I need a tutor that can teach me how to work with a Bot. I recently request the Bot to AWB and now I have the permission to work, but the problem is I DON'T KNOW HOW!! w:c:es.dragonball:User:Dankbot is the "Bot" please help me, I speak spanish but i can understand english. I want a bot like this w:c:es.pokemon:User:DexBot but how? Please help. Ah and i don´t understand the manual of wikipedia jeje ----Danke7 (talk) -DragonBall 06:00, June 19, 2010 (UTC)

Can you tell us what you want to do with the bot? What automated tasks you want to perform, and I'll try to show you how you can do it. RandomTime 10:14, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
Well, I want to translate an article for a categorie to another. Only that now.----Danke7 (talk) -DragonBall 04:14, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
The basic procedure for using AutoWikiBrowser (AWB) is as follows:
  1. Have AWB log in as a user
  2. Make a list of pages to modify
  3. Set the options (specify what to do to each page)
  4. Start the process (AWB takes you through each page, previewing the planned changes, and letting you make further changes, such as adding a template). Once you get the hang of it it is easy. Manyman (Talk) 05:54, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
Ok, thanks. ;)----Danke7 (talk) -DragonBall 19:43, July 5, 2010 (UTC)

"Have AWB log in as a user" This doesn't work for me, and gives the message "The password you provided is incorrect. (an authentication plugin rather than MediaWiki itself rejected the password)" Joeytje50talk

19:47, September 28, 2010 (UTC)
Did you enter the correct password? It seems to work for me. —Manyman (talk) 21:25, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
Yes. But according to the message too, that is not the problem, as MediaWiki didn't reject the password. It's "an authentication plugin". It is also not capitals, also checked it. I used the exact same pass as i use to login on wikia itself. Joeytje50talk
18:18, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
Could be worth reporting it. —Manyman (talk) 10:04, October 3, 2010 (UTC)