Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 9: Line 9:

Is it possible to have a page whose title is in Hebrew, but whose URL is in short English letters?

Is it possible to have a page whose title is in Hebrew, but whose URL is in short English letters?
[[User:Erel Segal|אראל סגל]] 13:50, 28 November 2006 (UTC)
+
[[User:Erel Segal|Erel Segal]] 13:53, 28 November 2006 (UTC)

Revision as of 13:53, 28 November 2006

Forums: Index Watercooler URLs of non-Latin Wikia pages
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 6352 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I just started writing in several Hebrew Wikias, and the URLs of the pages are very long and unreadable - each Hebrew letter gets translated to 6 chars (the url-encoding of the letter).

This is not a problem as long as I link inside the Wikia; However, it is a big problem when I want to send links to Wikia pages to people outside the world of Wikia, for example, by email or in external forums. The links are so long, the very often get truncated by email or forum software, and become unusable.

Of course, instead of putting links, I can say "go into Wikia and search for the following Hebrew term:...", however, this is not the usual way of refering to articles on the web.

Is it possible to have a page whose title is in Hebrew, but whose URL is in short English letters? Erel Segal 13:53, 28 November 2006 (UTC)