Wikia

Community Central

Upload help!

86,779pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Upload help!
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 726 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Can someone upload these pictures to this wiki for me? (Theres a next button to) I only have a certain amount of data a month and I don't want to go over... thanks! There's only 6 pictures; 2 boys/men, 2 girls, one monkey and one dog, Mai Is Me 04:27, April 23, 2012 (UTC)

We can't really do it for you, but we can offer you tips or somehow try to think of ways to fix the problem Sam Wang 04:48, April 23, 2012 (UTC)

You can't really fix it, and people have helped me before... Like here . And it was alot more pictures, like 100. Oops, i guess it should be under support requests..Mai Is Me 05:28, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
Why not ask someone on you wiki to upload the pictures for you? They're more likely to be aware of the licensing and/or image policy (if any) than anyone who finds this request here. Cqm  22:31, April 23, 2012 (UTC)

There isn't any one else on it right now. Mai Is Me 23:26, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
Suggestion - To cut down the data load make the images smaller / lower resolution before uploading them (most images on wikis are displayed at a smaller size than the original image). As they look like copyrighted high res images that should be done any way as part of a reasonably claim to fairuse.
BTW following on from the post by user:cam above - Asking others to upload copyrighted material for you (thus making the uploader liable for any copyright infringement claims) is a bit naughty !! (if they are published under a suitable free license i've missed please link to it) the page you linked to says at the bottom the site is copyrighted & the about page explicitly says all content is copyright.!! The wiki you want them uploaded to does not appear to be following wikias copyright rules for images either as the recent images i've looked at are all missing license info. - IHBTD6-Drott 00:04, April 24, 2012 (UTC)
Uhhh... What copyright rules? 0_0 Mai Is Me 04:11, April 24, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki