Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 21: Line 21:

::Hey, are you sure all the comments will be moved back? Because in the past other pages have been renamed and the comments were never moved back, there were just replaced with a wikia bot message. I hope something can be done. This is THE biggest page in the Victorious wiki, I'd hate for it to be completely ruined because of some troll. Help? Please?
+
:::Hey, are you sure all the comments will be moved back? Because in the past other pages have been renamed and the comments were never moved back, there were just replaced with a wikia bot message. I hope something can be done. This is THE biggest page in the Victorious wiki, I'd hate for it to be completely ruined because of some troll. Help? Please? {{Unsigned|Babycakey|07:35, June 7, 2012 (UTC)}}

Revision as of 07:35, 7 June 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests Vandalism on a Wiki
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4334 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi. I don't know if posting here could get any help but, I'm an active user on the Victorious Wiki. Some user, who's blocked ATM, renamed the Bade page to Ugly couple, someone else reverted the renaming, but the 9k+ comments on the Bade page are constantly decreasing until it reaches zero and they're apparently moving to the Ugly couple page. Is there any way to get the comments back by merging the two pages or something?  Pretty pink123 Darkness...04:52,6/7/2012 

If the move was reverted, the comments will slowly come back just as they slowly left. Rappy 04:55, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
The effect seems to be the opposite. Right now, the Bade page already has 6000 comments, hours ago it was 9000+. And by reverted the renaming, I mean someone moved the Ugly couple to Bade again, not really reverted, IDK.  Pretty pink123 Darkness...04:59,6/7/2012 
Intriguing... I've moved pages on my home wiki and it's deleted the comments. Since there's not a big user base, and it's just me and the other admins rambling; I didn't worry about it. :P Well I'm going to test that now. STARFLEET ACADEMY 05:02, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
Page moves are not instant. In fact, moving a page with thousands of comments can take a few hours to complete. If the page is moved back to where it was, the bot has to move all the comments to one page and then back again. That entire process can take a full day to complete with an article with 9000 comments on it. Rappy 05:05, June 7, 2012 (UTC)

(Reset indent) Okay. I understand. Thanks, Rappy!  Pretty pink123 Darkness...05:09,6/7/2012 

Wait, an admin turned "Ugly couple" into a redirect page (redirects to Bade). The redirect page says "Talk 7k", without showing any comments, well, 'cause it's a redirect page. Will the Bade page comments (that are in the Ugly couple page right now) still come back to the Bade page after this? If it does, will a Wikia Bot just comment "#REDIRECT Ugly couple/randomnumbersblahblah" on the 9k comments?  Pretty pink123 Darkness...06:27,6/7/2012 
The redirect is default when moving a page (unless suppressed). The redirect can safely be deleted and the comments will still be moved back. Rappy 06:32, June 7, 2012 (UTC)

Hey, are you sure all the comments will be moved back? Because in the past other pages have been renamed and the comments were never moved back, there were just replaced with a wikia bot message. I hope something can be done. This is THE biggest page in the Victorious wiki, I'd hate for it to be completely ruined because of some troll. Help? Please? —This unsigned comment is by Babycakey (wallcontribs) 07:35, June 7, 2012 (UTC). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.