This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Hi. I don't know if posting here could get any help but, I'm an active user on the Victorious Wiki. Some user, who's blocked ATM, renamed the Bade page to Ugly couple, someone else reverted the renaming, but the 9k+ comments on the Bade page are constantly decreasing until it reaches zero and they're apparently moving to the Ugly couple page. Is there any way to get the comments back by merging the two pages or something?
- If the move was reverted, the comments will slowly come back just as they slowly left. Rappy 04:55, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
- The effect seems to be the opposite. Right now, the Bade page already has 6000 comments, hours ago it was 9000+. And by reverted the renaming, I mean someone moved the Ugly couple to Bade again, not really reverted, IDK.
- Page moves are not instant. In fact, moving a page with thousands of comments can take a few hours to complete. If the page is moved back to where it was, the bot has to move all the comments to one page and then back again. That entire process can take a full day to complete with an article with 9000 comments on it. Rappy 05:05, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
Okay. I understand. Thanks, Rappy!
- Wait, an admin turned "Ugly couple" into a redirect page (redirects to Bade). The redirect page says "Talk 7k", without showing any comments, well, 'cause it's a redirect page. Will the Bade page comments (that are in the Ugly couple page right now) still come back to the Bade page after this? If it does, will a Wikia Bot just comment "#REDIRECT Ugly couple/randomnumbersblahblah" on the 9k comments?
- The redirect is default when moving a page (unless suppressed). The redirect can safely be deleted and the comments will still be moved back. Rappy 06:32, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Hey, are you sure all the comments will be moved back? Because in the past other pages have been renamed and the comments were never moved back, there were just replaced with a wikia bot message. I hope something can be done. This is THE biggest page in the Victorious wiki, I'd hate for it to be completely ruined because of some troll. Help? Please? —This unsigned comment is by Babycakey (wall • contribs) 07:35, June 7, 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Okay. The Bade page dropped to less than three-hundred comments and the Ugly couple page has been deleted. Is there any other way to get them back?
- The problem was the fact that the page was moved back to its original name before all the comments moved to "Ugly Couple". When a page is moved, all comments attached to it are slowly moved to the new target page. When Ugly Couple was moved back, it did not have all 8000 or so comments moved to it. The job for that page move only moved the comments back to Bade that were attached to Ugly Couple at the time of the move.
- That all being said, one of Wikia staff was supposed to be addressing this issue and working on moving the comments back. Now, that being said, who is really going to look through 2 years of out-dated comments? :p Rappy 08:19, June 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, Rappy. You were very helpful and reassuring to us while all this mess was taking place. Thank you. Sincerely, thank you :) And yes, I kept posting on the Ugly Couple "DON'T TOUCH THIS PAGE" and things like that. But no one ever listens to me. Bummer. Eric, to me it's not about numbers. It's about way more than that. But this is probably not the right place to have this conversation. Babycakey (wall • contribs)