Community Central
Register
Community Central
(m:)
(I <3 DynamicPageList)
Line 7: Line 7:

::On Meta: [[m:DPLforum|Forum plugin (and some instructions)]], [[m:Help:ISBN_links|ISBN links help]]. Surf around on Meta, you'll never know what you'll find. Although most of the information specific to the MediaWiki software (rather than just Wikimedia servers) is moving to mediawiki.org eventually. (btw, my favorite page on meta: [[m:Help:Magic_words]] (note: not all work on Wikia yet)). --[[w:User:Splarka|Splarka]] <small>([[w:User_talk:Splarka|talk]])</small> 03:57, 3 July 2006 (UTC)

::On Meta: [[m:DPLforum|Forum plugin (and some instructions)]], [[m:Help:ISBN_links|ISBN links help]]. Surf around on Meta, you'll never know what you'll find. Although most of the information specific to the MediaWiki software (rather than just Wikimedia servers) is moving to mediawiki.org eventually. (btw, my favorite page on meta: [[m:Help:Magic_words]] (note: not all work on Wikia yet)). --[[w:User:Splarka|Splarka]] <small>([[w:User_talk:Splarka|talk]])</small> 03:57, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
  +
  +
:::Personally, I am a big fan of the DynamicPageList extension, which allows you to generate a list of articles depending on what categories they are in. [[MetaWikipedia:DynamicPageList]] has more info on it. [[User:Mindspillage|Mindspillage]] [[User talk:Mindspillage|(spill yours?)]] 16:26, 3 July 2006 (UTC)

Revision as of 16:26, 3 July 2006

Forums: Index Help desk What other advanced features can we use
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 6469 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

There have been a number of posts since the forum started which indicate that there are advanced features available for us to use, but which arent easyily known about. eg setting up forums, editing book sources etc. For example neither of these is clear in the Mediawiki user guide. Can we generate a list of similar features. or can someone point me in the direction of a listing? For example what other special pages are there? What else is under Forum: and Project: headings? Are there other such headings? As aleways. all help warmly appreciated.Lifeartist 15:37, 2 July 2006 (UTC)

Sounds like a good idea... why not go ahead and start it? You have the first two items to add :) -- sannse (talk) 17:44, 2 July 2006 (UTC)
On Meta: Forum plugin (and some instructions), ISBN links help. Surf around on Meta, you'll never know what you'll find. Although most of the information specific to the MediaWiki software (rather than just Wikimedia servers) is moving to mediawiki.org eventually. (btw, my favorite page on meta: m:Help:Magic_words (note: not all work on Wikia yet)). --Splarka (talk) 03:57, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
Personally, I am a big fan of the DynamicPageList extension, which allows you to generate a list of articles depending on what categories they are in. MetaWikipedia:DynamicPageList has more info on it. Mindspillage (spill yours?) 16:26, 3 July 2006 (UTC)