Community Central
Community Central
mNo edit summary
No edit summary
Line 2: Line 2:

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~
If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->
+
If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->.

Just wanted to know. [[file:RainbowYoshi.gif|10px]] [[User:Random yoshi 777|Random]] [[User Talk:Random yoshi 777|yoshi]] [[User Blog:Random yoshi 777|777]] [[File:RainbowYoshi.gif|10px]]<br />random as of 06/6/2012!!! 02:14, June 6, 2012 (UTC) and don't complain about the signature, I will fix it soon.

Just wanted to know. [[file:RainbowYoshi.gif|10px]] [[User:Random yoshi 777|Random]] [[User Talk:Random yoshi 777|yoshi]] [[User Blog:Random yoshi 777|777]] [[File:RainbowYoshi.gif|10px]]<br />random as of 06/6/2012!!! 02:14, June 6, 2012 (UTC) and don't complain about the signature, I will fix it soon.
Line 14: Line 14:

::Ok are you suredaNascat?<strike>[[User:Brock77|Brock77]]</strike>.

::Ok are you suredaNascat?<strike>[[User:Brock77|Brock77]]</strike>.

:::I think he is. IPv6 is still a long time from becoming a standard, and as daNASCAT said, it'd most likely be implemented into the MediaWiki core by its developers. {{User:Sactage/s.js}} 16:35, June 6, 2012 (UTC)

:::I think he is. IPv6 is still a long time from becoming a standard, and as daNASCAT said, it'd most likely be implemented into the MediaWiki core by its developers. {{User:Sactage/s.js}} 16:35, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
  +
:::Okay Sactage <strike>[[User:Brock77|Brock77]].</strike>
  +
[[Category:Forums]]

Revision as of 16:52, 6 June 2012

Forums: Index General Discussion When will Wikia start supporting IPv6?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4335 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Just wanted to know. RainbowYoshi Random yoshi 777 RainbowYoshi
random as of 06/6/2012!!! 02:14, June 6, 2012 (UTC) and don't complain about the signature, I will fix it soon.

From what I know, Wikipedia has this problem that their database isn't set up for the big IPv6 addresses. I reckon Wikia might be in a similar position.--PedroM 02:58, June 6, 2012 (UTC)

What I'm asking for is a general time frame. RainbowYoshi Random yoshi 777 RainbowYoshi
random as of 06/6/2012!!! 14:44, June 6, 2012 (UTC)

IPv6 support is currently not on Wikia's roadmap. This is something I suspect MediaWiki will have to take the lead in since this goes down to the very core software.
Again, I can't stress enough what I said in your last forum post. 'If you want staff to directly answer a question, the best thing to do is to write a message to Special:Contact than to tag everything as "Staff needed".' I really don't want to come down hard, but this workflow is in place for a reason - I will start untagging posts without answering if I feel the community can answer them easily. --daNASCAT 15:07, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
Ok are you suredaNascat?Brock77.
I think he is. IPv6 is still a long time from becoming a standard, and as daNASCAT said, it'd most likely be implemented into the MediaWiki core by its developers. User:Sactage/s.js 16:35, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
Okay Sactage Brock77.