Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
(Now, no more trouble:-) Thank you!!)

(8 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)
Line 10: Line 10:

:::Hello, thanks for letting Wikia know of this issue. First off, I will say that we don't actively support most versions of Firefox 3, but we do know a large number of people still use Firefox 3.6, so we are prioritizing this issue. The issue seems to be related to one of our ad networks recently changing their code, which is why this is not affecting Community Central as it is an ad-free wiki. We are getting in contact with our network to try to fix this issue shortly. Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your patience. --[[User:daNASCAT|daNASCAT]] <staff /> 19:49, May 15, 2012 (UTC)

:::Hello, thanks for letting Wikia know of this issue. First off, I will say that we don't actively support most versions of Firefox 3, but we do know a large number of people still use Firefox 3.6, so we are prioritizing this issue. The issue seems to be related to one of our ad networks recently changing their code, which is why this is not affecting Community Central as it is an ad-free wiki. We are getting in contact with our network to try to fix this issue shortly. Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your patience. --[[User:daNASCAT|daNASCAT]] <staff /> 19:49, May 15, 2012 (UTC)
  +
::::Thanks very much for working with those of us who are stuck at FF 3.6! {{user:CzechOut/Sig}}&nbsp;<span style="{{User:CzechOut/TimeFormat}}">20:11: Tue&nbsp;15 May 2012&nbsp;</span>
  +
:::::I can confirm the (miss)behavior due to "Transferring data from loadus.exelator.com" (using Firefox 3.6.9). I`m not able to reach `my` Wiki or `my` german Wikia-Community. [[User:Samstag|Samstag]] 22:11, May 15, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
::::I'm having the same problem, only, oddly enough, I'm not a Mac user. Hopefully, the problem can be fixed for my system as well. --[[User:Honeyfur|<span style="color:#ff3700;font-family:Goudy Old Style"><big>'''Honeyfur'''</big></span>]]<sup>[[User Talk:Honeyfur|<span style="font-family:Cataneo BT;color:#ff8800;"> '''Hakuna Matata'''</span>]]</sup> 01:58, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
  +
:::::We believe this issue was just fixed. Please let us know if it is still happening to you from this point onwards. --[[User:daNASCAT|daNASCAT]] <staff /> 21:18, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
  +
::::::Hi daNASCAT, I still see it as broken in the same way (apparently Mac & Windows). --[[User:Jason C.K.|Jason C.K.]] 05:42, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
  +
:::::: I`m sorry to say, that there is still a problem with WinXP/SP3/Firefox3.6.9. It might be `ot` in this (mac-)thread. But thank you very much for caring about this issue! --[[User:Samstag|Samstag]] 21:57, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
  +
:::Sigh, sorry to hear this, will reopen the ticket. --[[User:daNASCAT|daNASCAT]] <staff /> 16:58, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
  +
:::Update: We're going to turn that ad network off for now and work on a deeper fix next week. This should fix that issue for sure, please let me know if it is still doing otherwise for you. --[[User:daNASCAT|daNASCAT]] <staff /> 17:09, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
  +
:::: Now, no more trouble:-) Thank you!! --[[User:Samstag|Samstag]] 17:49, May 17, 2012 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 17:49, 17 May 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests Wikia no longer compatible with Firefox 3 (on Mac OS X)?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4342 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Earlier today (and for the past few months), wikia has been working fine for me. I'm an admin at http://starhawk.wikia.com. Suddenly, tonight, no wikia page will load properly for me, not even www.wikia.com. The page renders, then wipes itself to blank white, and gets stuck endlessly trying to load files from some weird site:
"Transferring data from loadus.exelator.com"
They appear to have made some change to all of wikia that makes it completely incompatible with Firefox 3 (on Mac OS X). The only way I can even read pages is to "stop" the browser page load before it gets to that weird point. Anyone know what happened? --Jason C.K. 03:29, May 15, 2012 (UTC)

I can confirm exactly the same behavior, so it'snot just your machine. i don't use Firefox as my primary browser, but I did use it some last week, and it was fine. Something happened, maybe as a result of their normal uploads on Wednesday last.
Oddly, however, the behavior isn't happening here at community. But it's definitely happening at w:c:tardis and w:c:starhawk and w:c:icarly and w:c:coffee and w:c:aybs and w:c:starwars. That's a really wide sampling of wikis with all sorts of different js and css setups. Why community would be the one place working, I dunno. Never seen a bug like this. Unfortunately, I can't keep the screen up long enough for Firebug to give me any troubleshooting information. But, yes, as it stands, Firefox 3 for Mac does look to be completely incompatible with Wikia at the moment. I'm calling staff out on this one. czechout    fly tardis  03:52: Tue 15 May 2012 
Your best bet would be to contact staff at Special:Contact. I don't know if Wikia still supports Firefox 3.x, but they still appreciate bug reports. 22px-Logo.svg.png22?cb=20160405123310 22?cb=20170831223041 03:55, May 15, 2012 (UTC)
Hello, thanks for letting Wikia know of this issue. First off, I will say that we don't actively support most versions of Firefox 3, but we do know a large number of people still use Firefox 3.6, so we are prioritizing this issue. The issue seems to be related to one of our ad networks recently changing their code, which is why this is not affecting Community Central as it is an ad-free wiki. We are getting in contact with our network to try to fix this issue shortly. Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your patience. --daNASCAT 19:49, May 15, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks very much for working with those of us who are stuck at FF 3.6! czechout    fly tardis  20:11: Tue 15 May 2012 
I can confirm the (miss)behavior due to "Transferring data from loadus.exelator.com" (using Firefox 3.6.9). I`m not able to reach `my` Wiki or `my` german Wikia-Community. Samstag 22:11, May 15, 2012 (UTC)
I'm having the same problem, only, oddly enough, I'm not a Mac user. Hopefully, the problem can be fixed for my system as well. --Honeyfur Hakuna Matata 01:58, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
We believe this issue was just fixed. Please let us know if it is still happening to you from this point onwards. --daNASCAT 21:18, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
Hi daNASCAT, I still see it as broken in the same way (apparently Mac & Windows). --Jason C.K. 05:42, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
I`m sorry to say, that there is still a problem with WinXP/SP3/Firefox3.6.9. It might be `ot` in this (mac-)thread. But thank you very much for caring about this issue! --Samstag 21:57, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
Sigh, sorry to hear this, will reopen the ticket. --daNASCAT 16:58, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
Update: We're going to turn that ad network off for now and work on a deeper fix next week. This should fix that issue for sure, please let me know if it is still doing otherwise for you. --daNASCAT 17:09, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
Now, no more trouble:-) Thank you!! --Samstag 17:49, May 17, 2012 (UTC)