Community Central
Register
Community Central
mNo edit summary
No edit summary

(9 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 7: Line 7:

::Have got the button, but how do I make it link? {{User:Eladkse/SigReal|17:36, 30/03/2011}}

::Have got the button, but how do I make it link? {{User:Eladkse/SigReal|17:36, 30/03/2011}}

:You can try using the button class instead, like this: <span class="button">[{{fullurl:{{FULLPAGENAMEE}}|action=edit&preload=MediaWiki:Createplate-episode}} <span style = color:white;>Episode]</span>
+
:You can try using the button class instead, like this: <span class="button">[{{fullurl:{{FULLPAGENAMEE}}|action=edit&preload=MediaWiki:Createplate-episode}} <span style = color:white;>Episode</span>]</span>

:The downside is that the text color has to be defined manually. [[User:Sovq|Sovq]] 17:42, March 30, 2011 (UTC)

:The downside is that the text color has to be defined manually. [[User:Sovq|Sovq]] 17:42, March 30, 2011 (UTC)
  +
  +
:EDIT: Also, createplates have been recently removed. They have been replaced by the Layout Builder.
  +
::Thanks, the button works great.
  +
::PS, it's not a 'real' createplate. I intend to move it to the templates section soon (though I would rather keep the current name) {{User:Eladkse/SigReal|17:56,&nbsp;30/03/2011}}
  +
:::Any way to remove the underline? {{User:Eladkse/SigReal|17:57,&nbsp;30/03/2011}}
  +
  +
::::Since this is only a 'cheat' on how to get the button look, the code is not structured like the 'normal' buttons. Instead of the link (<a> tag) using the "button" class, here, the link is within a span block using that class. To make the underline disappear and make the text color white by default (or use the default text color for buttons on any particular wiki), you would need to make the link use the "button" class. I can't help you with that, but I imagine JavaScript could solve the problem, unless I'm missing something. I'm just wondering if it's worth it though. [[User:Sovq|Sovq]] 18:49, March 30, 2011 (UTC)
  +
:::::In that case, forget it. It's just one of those asthetic things which aren't really important. {{User:Eladkse/SigReal|18:57,&nbsp;30/03/2011}}
  +
  +
Hi, I know this is an old post but I was searching for the same thing a while back and have now worked out how to remove the underline from the buttons so I wanted to add it for the benefit of others also searching...<br />
  +
Simply add the following code to your MediaWiki:Wikia.css
  +
<pre>
  +
.button a:hover {
  +
text-decoration:none;
  +
}
  +
</pre>
  +
While you're in the .css you can add the following so that the text color doesn't always have to be defined in-line.
  +
<pre>
  +
.button a {
  +
color: black;
  +
}
  +
</pre>
  +
I've chosen black text but obviously you can change to what ever color mane or hex code you prefer.
  +
  +
<small style="border:1px solid #006CB0;color:white;background:#46A2DB;box-shadow: 0 0 8px #000;">&nbsp;[[User:*-jester-*|<span style="background:#46A2DB;color:#FFF; cursor: help;" title="My signature - click to see my profile">'''Jester''']]&nbsp;&nbsp;<small>([[w:c:bubblesafari|Bubble Safari Wiki]])</small></span>&nbsp;&nbsp;[[Message_Wall:*-jester-*|<span style="color:white;background:#8BCCF5" title="Send me a message - Talk to me ;o)">&nbsp;Message Me&nbsp;</span>]][[Special:Leaderboard|<span style="background:white;color:#5C5340; cursor: progress;" title="Busy, busy, busy...">&nbsp;{{Special:Editcount/*-jester-*}}&nbsp;edits&nbsp;made&nbsp;]]</span>[[Special:Contributions/*-jester-*|<span style="color:white;background:#8BCCF5; cursor: help;" title="Click to see what I've been busy with.">&nbsp;Contributions&nbsp;]]</span>&nbsp;Signed:&nbsp;10:44, 1/7/2012&nbsp;</small>
  +
  +
:You can simply do like <code><nowiki>[[Example link|<span class="button">Example link text</span>]]</nowiki></code>, for example: [[Community Central|<span class="button">Main Page</span>]] -- [[User:Sam Wang|Sam Wang]] ([[{{ns:3}}:Sam Wang|talk]]) 12:15, July 1, 2012 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 12:15, 1 July 2012

Forums: Index Community Central Forum Wikia style button
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4288 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Is there any way to make the button here (the one which preloads episode) look like the standard wikia buttons?    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  16:39, 30/03/2011

Give it the .wikia-button class. You might need JS to do that.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  17:26,3/30/2011 
Have got the button, but how do I make it link?    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  17:36, 30/03/2011
You can try using the button class instead, like this: Episode
The downside is that the text color has to be defined manually. Sovq 17:42, March 30, 2011 (UTC)
EDIT: Also, createplates have been recently removed. They have been replaced by the Layout Builder.
Thanks, the button works great.
PS, it's not a 'real' createplate. I intend to move it to the templates section soon (though I would rather keep the current name)    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  17:56, 30/03/2011
Any way to remove the underline?    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  17:57, 30/03/2011
Since this is only a 'cheat' on how to get the button look, the code is not structured like the 'normal' buttons. Instead of the link (<a> tag) using the "button" class, here, the link is within a span block using that class. To make the underline disappear and make the text color white by default (or use the default text color for buttons on any particular wiki), you would need to make the link use the "button" class. I can't help you with that, but I imagine JavaScript could solve the problem, unless I'm missing something. I'm just wondering if it's worth it though. Sovq 18:49, March 30, 2011 (UTC)
In that case, forget it. It's just one of those asthetic things which aren't really important.    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  18:57, 30/03/2011

Hi, I know this is an old post but I was searching for the same thing a while back and have now worked out how to remove the underline from the buttons so I wanted to add it for the benefit of others also searching...
Simply add the following code to your MediaWiki:Wikia.css

.button a:hover {
    text-decoration:none;
}

While you're in the .css you can add the following so that the text color doesn't always have to be defined in-line.

.button a {
    color: black;
}

I've chosen black text but obviously you can change to what ever color mane or hex code you prefer.

Jester  (Bubble Safari Wiki)   Message Me [[Special:Leaderboard| Special:Editcount/*-jester-* edits made ]] Contributions  Signed: 10:44, 1/7/2012 

You can simply do like [[Example link|<span class="button">Example link text</span>]], for example: Main Page -- Sam Wang (talk) 12:15, July 1, 2012 (UTC)