Community Central
Register
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary

(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

Hello, would there be any way to transfer a wiki from Wikia to MediaWiki, so that I could host it myself, without starting all over? --Chico
+
Hello, would there be any way to transfer a wiki from Wikia to MediaWiki, so that I could host it myself, without starting all over?

+
[[User:I'm Chico|I'm Chico]] 09:38, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
<hr>

+

<hr />

:You can get a database dump at Special:Statistics. -- '''[[User:Randomtime|<span style="color:black;">Random</span>]][[User talk:Randomtime|<span style="color:#EE2C2C;">Time</span>]]''' 20:37, May 6, 2012 (UTC)

:You can get a database dump at Special:Statistics. -- '''[[User:Randomtime|<span style="color:black;">Random</span>]][[User talk:Randomtime|<span style="color:#EE2C2C;">Time</span>]]''' 20:37, May 6, 2012 (UTC)

:<hr>
+
:<hr />

: I read somewhere that a database dump didn't include images, though? And after downloading the database, just to be clear, I would just upload it in my cPanel, and install MediaWiki over it, right? --Chico
+
: I read somewhere that a database dump didn't include images, though? And after downloading the database, just to be clear, I would just upload it in my cPanel, and install MediaWiki over it, right?
  +
: [[User:I&#39;m Chico|I&#39;m Chico]] 09:38, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
  +
: <hr>

Latest revision as of 10:13, 7 May 2012

Forums: Index General Discussion Wikia to MediaWiki Conversion?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4343 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello, would there be any way to transfer a wiki from Wikia to MediaWiki, so that I could host it myself, without starting all over?

I'm Chico 09:38, May 7, 2012 (UTC)

You can get a database dump at Special:Statistics. -- RandomTime 20:37, May 6, 2012 (UTC)

I read somewhere that a database dump didn't include images, though? And after downloading the database, just to be clear, I would just upload it in my cPanel, and install MediaWiki over it, right?
I'm Chico 09:38, May 7, 2012 (UTC)