- This extension can be enabled or disabled using Special:WikiFeatures.
- This extension is enabled by default on Fandom.
Fandom blogs are articles written by one person that can be commented on and organized into a listing like a typical blog.
Why Create Blogs? Edit
Blogs are different than a typical article in that they are not intended to be a collaboratively written pieces of content, but instead a single user's composition. The idea is to give people a different way to express themselves in their community
Some examples of why a user would might a blog article instead of a traditional wiki article are to write:
- Fan fiction or original work on an otherwise canon community
- Op-eds or tell personal stories
- Articles that pose questions and solicit responses
- Reviews, suggestions or recommendations
Of course, it's entirely up to each community to decide how it gets used.
Step by Step Edit
- Creating a Blog Post
- To create a new blog post, go to the "Blog" tab on your user profile.
- Click the "Create Blog Post" button at the top of this tab. This will open an editing screen.
- Create your blog post as though you were creating any other page. The only difference is that this one will be attributed entirely to you.
- Decide if you want to allow comments by checking or unchecking the "Commenting" checkbox above the edit summary.
- Click "Preview" to review your work.
- Click "Publish" to share your blog post with the rest of your community.
- Return to the "Blog" tab on your profile to see a list of all of your blog posts.
- Leaving a Comment
- When viewing a blog post, scroll down to the area just below the blog post, and click the commenting field.
- A comment area will load. Use the tools available to add a comment.
- Click "Post Comment" to add your comment to the page.
Additional Details Edit
- Edit rights
- A blog post can be edited by the author of the post or an admin on the wiki. Other users do not have access to edit a blog post.
- Deleting comments
- Admins can delete comments using a delete link, shown next to the comment's timestamp. In addition, when a blog post is deleted, all associated comments will be deleted.
- Blog listing pages
- These allow you to quickly create a page containing a list of blog posts by category. You can create a new blog listing at Special:CreateBlogListingPage.
- Note that blog listings do not update immediately upon creation of a new blog post. You can wait for the cache to clear (a couple of hours), or add
?action=purgeto the URL of the listing page.
- Blog:Recent posts exists on all wikis with blog posts enabled, listing all the recent blog posts on the wiki.
- Embedded bloglists
- A tag is available to allow you to embed a list of blogs within a normal article. There are a number of parameters you can define to format the embedded list to fit within different content pages - e.g. the main page, the community portal, a contest page, etc. - and it is extremely customizable. For more information on how to use this, see Help:Blogs/Bloglist.
See also Edit
Further help and feedback Edit
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Help:Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Help:Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience