All Wikia text is available for easy download. Please see the relevant license for the terms under which this content may be used. Typically, Wikia sites are available under a Creative Commons License (see Wikia Licensing) but this can vary for each wikia.
Each wikia's content database is available as an XML dump. This does not include private user data or images.
Downloading a database dumpEdit
There are two download options:
- Current pages: This contains only the current version of pages which can be useful for bot use
- Current pages and history: This contains the full page history of each page on the wikia so it can be a very large file if downloaded from a wikia with a large number of pages and many edits such as WoWWiki or Wookieepedia.
To download one of these, click the date link next to the option you would like. This should automatically trigger your browser to begin downloading the XML file in the .7z file format. This is a compressed file - you'll need to use a tool like 7-Zip to unzip it.
Requesting a new dumpEdit
If the latest dump isn't sufficient, or there is no database dump available, you can request one by clicking the "Request a database dump" button. This will file a request to have the public XML dump updated. These requests are processed during off peak hours and are usually cleared out weekly. Once the request is processed, the date of the download links will update. A new request can be performed once per week. You can also request a new database dump via Special:Contact.
Further Help and FeedbackEdit
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Help:Wikia Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Help:Contacting Wikia for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Wikia in Wikia University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience