Community text is available for easy download. Please see the relevant license for the terms under which this content may be used. Typically, FANDOM sites are available under a Creative Commons License (see FANDOM Licensing) but this can vary for each community.
Each wiki's content database is available as an XML dump. This does not include private user data or images.
Downloading a database dumpEdit
There are two download options:
- Current pages: This contains only the current version of pages which can be useful for bot use
- Current pages and history: This contains the full page history of each page on the wiki so it can be a very large file if downloaded from a community with a large number of pages and many edits such as WoWWiki or Wookieepedia.
To download one of these, click the date link next to the option you would like. This should automatically trigger your browser to begin downloading the XML file in the .7z file format. This is a compressed file - you'll need to use a tool like 7-Zip to unzip it.
Requesting a new dumpEdit
If the latest dump isn't sufficient, or there is no database dump available, a local administrator can request one by clicking the "Send request" button.
This will file a request to have the public XML dump updated. These requests are automatically processed during off peak hours and are usually cleared out weekly. Once the request is processed, the date of the download links will update.
If no local admin is available, you can also request a new database dump via Special:Contact.
Further help and feedbackEdit
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check FANDOM Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting FANDOM for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in FANDOM University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience