Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This set of main page <tags/> allows for easier main page design and is the recommended method of creating layouts for desktop main pages.
Using the following tags, you can create a main page that will work with Fandom ads and will be compatible with future changes Fandom may need to make to the main page layouts.
<mainpage-leftcolumn-start /> content in the left column <mainpage-endcolumn /> <mainpage-rightcolumn-start /> content in the right column <mainpage-endcolumn />
The "leftcolumn" tag starts the fluid width left column, and comes first:
The left column is ended by:
Next, the following starts a 300px wide right column:
The right column is also ended by:
After the end of the right column tag you can place anything you wish, and make them 100% page width. However, note that this is generally recommended against, especially on shorter pages. You will need to add the following to ensure it appears below the columns:
This demo community's main page is set up to display this article and some placeholder content, to illustrate how the tags can be used:
The source code used to create the demo community's main page can be found at Help:Main page column tags/source.
The main page tags in action on other wikis:
- Help:Main page
- Help:Galleries, Slideshows, and Sliders to add cool images to your main page
- Help:Templates to create templates for things like "image of the day"
Further help and feedbackEdit
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Help:Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Help:Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience