The layout of FANDOM refers to the style and location of everything you see on a FANDOM page. Another term for layout is skin, and it is what all readers and editors see when they visit a community. FANDOM offers two skin choices: the default skin and Monobook. Both are outlined below.
The standard layout of FANDOM is what most visitors and editors see when they read, edit, and comment on a community. This layout can be modified for specific communities with the Theme Designer, which is a simple, easy-to-use tool for adjusting your community to match your subject and look as awesome as it can. Each page displays the community's navigation menu, which can be customized by administrators to help guide readers and editors through the community. There are also a number of features that can be enabled and used with this layout. These include Chat, Message Wall, Forum, and Achievements, among many others.
In addition to our primary layout, we have a second skin called Monobook that users can select for their own personal skin in their account preferences. This skin is not officially supported and not all FANDOM features work in Monobook like they do in the default layout. If you are a Monobook user and you need help with Monobook, users in the Community Central Forum are a great resource.
The default layout is what anonymous users see when they visit your community. All new features are designed for the the default layout. If you would like to change the layout for your account, you can do so via your preferences under the Appearance section. For example:
- Learn how to edit on FANDOM.
- Learn how to design your community's layout.
- Learn how to edit the My Tools menu.
- Learn about the mobile (mercury) skin on Mobile Web.
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check FANDOM Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting FANDOM for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use FANDOM in FANDOM University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience