The layout of Wikia refers to the style and location of everything you see on a Wikia page. Another term for layout is skin, and it is what all readers and editors see when they visit a community. Wikia offers two skin choices: the default Wikia skin and Monobook. Both are outlined below.
The standard layout of Wikia is what most visitors and editors see when they read, edit, and comment on a community. This layout can be modified for specific wikis with the Theme Designer, which is a simple, easy-to-use tool for adjusting your community to match your subject and look as awesome as it can. Each page displays the wiki's navigation menu, which can be customized by administrators to help guide readers and editors through the community. There are also a number of features that can be enabled and used with this layout. These include Chat, Message Wall, Forum, and Achievements, among many others.
In addition to our primary layout, we have a second skin called Monobook that users can select for their own personal skin in their account preferences. This skin is not officially supported and not all of Wikia's features work in Monobook like they do in the default layout. If you are a Monobook user and you need help with Monobook, users in the Community Central Forum are a great resource.
The Wikia layout is the default layout, and is what anonymous users see when they visit your community. All new features are designed for the Wikia layout. If you would like to change the layout for your account, you can do so via your preferences under the Appearance section. For example:
- Learn how to edit on Wikia.
- Learn how to design your wikia's layout.
- Learn how to edit the My Tools menu.
Further help and feedbackEdit
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Help:Wikia Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Help:Contacting Wikia for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Wikia in Wikia University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience